I Am Nothing Like Him

"Harley, you better put that gun down before I make you regret this" Poison Ivy said with a clenched jaw. "TELL ME" I screamed, pressing the end of the gun harder against her skin. Yes, Harley, scare her, get the truth out her. Don't stop until we are safe.

Suddenly, vines whipped towards me, tightly wrapping around my wrists, pulling me upwards. The gun fell out of my hand as more vines wrapped around my ankles until I was trapped in the air. "I told you, you would regret putting a gun in my face" Poison Ivy said as she strode towards me. "Get these stupid vines off me", I screamed as I tugged away from them. The plant tighten around my limbs.

"Red, please" I yelped. The vines slackened slightly as a look of concern flashed across Ivy's face. I pulled on the vines until I was free. I fell to the floor with a thump, grazing my knees. I quickly reached over to snatch my gun on the floor but a dark green stiletto stepped in my way. "Don't even think about it" she said as a vine grabbed me by the waist and held me against the wall.

She carefully walked towards me and looked down at my pleading face. "Don't try that on me, Harley. We both know if you had the chance you would kill me in a second to protect yourself" she said with a furious expression. "Why shouldn't I protect myself. You're tryna hurt me, Red. Why would you do that to me" I responded.

I saw Poison Ivy think for a while until she finally stuttered "t-to protect you, yes, that's it". Lies, she's lying to us, Harley. "You're lying" I said with a clenched jaw. "I'm not" she responded as she began to pace the room. "The Joker, h-he's after you. I am protecting you from him" she said as she glanced over at me. "How?" I chirped as I pulled against my restraints.

"I don't know, just watching you, keeping you close, so I can protect you" she said with confidence in her response. "Then why do ya keep putting me under a spell" I yelled in frustration. "To keep you close, so I can protect you from The Joker" she repeated as she stepped towards me. She gently held my hands as the vine wrapped around me, tighter than before, as if it was protecting its master from my murderous thoughts.

"Harley, please, you have to believe me. I care about you, a lot. I don't want to hurt you" she said as her thumb rubbed the back of my hands, tracing my tattoos. I looked into her green eyes, I couldn't tell if she was being truthful but I could see the care in her eyes. No, no, no, you cannot trust her. Harley she will be the death of us. You cannot stay with her. What is wrong with you.

My head continued to bombard me with insults as the vines slowly released me. "Please, Harley, let me help you" Red responded as she gently wrapped her arms around me in an embrace. "How do I know ya not lyin'?" I yelled as I tried to step out of her hug. "I'm not him, Harley. I'm not the Joker. I am nothing like him" she said as she continued to pull me closer.

"How do I know that?" I said in frustration. All the Joker ever gave me was trust issues and trauma. And she's just like him. She's going to hurt us, Harley. "Because I would never do that" she said as her fingertips grazed the faded scar along my neck down to my collarbone. "You're lyin', everyone wants ta hurt me" I responded as I held onto her wrist. My grip tightened as she whispered "I could never hurt a women like he does". She peppered gentle kisses down the scar leaving butterflies in the pit of my stomach.

I bit back a moan as she continued kissing along my collarbone, sucking at the sensitive skin. "Ivy" I sighed as I pulled her head to face me. I looked up at her green eyes then down to her lips, slowly leaning in. Our lips eventually met after what felt like hours of anticipation. We moved in sync, her tongue slipping between my lips, awarding a low groan from me. She pulled back with a smirk as she led me to the couch.

Ivy laid me down on the couch and straddled my waist. As she leant back in, her dark red hair forming a curtain around my face, separating us from reality. Until all I could see, hear and feel was her. I looked up at her longingly as she left a sweet kiss on my lips. My fingers tangled in her hair as I began to deepen the kiss, parting her lips with my tongue. She let out a small moan as her hand slipped between my legs, rubbing my centre over my clothes.

With a groan, I bit down on her bottom lip and began to move on her hand, my fingernails scraping against her skin. All I could think about was Poison Ivy. She was all I wanted, all I could ever want. A thick cloud of desire surrounded me. I pulled back as we both gasped for air. She was doing it again. She was putting that spell on me. I looked up at her guilty expression which she tried to hide with a smirk.

I pushed her off me and stood up, straightening my clothes. "Harls, what's wrong? Where are you going?" She asked me as she tried to pull me back in. "I can't" I whispered as I walked away.

As I entered my room all I could hear was the voice. I told you not to trust her Harley. You're stupid. YOU'RE SO STUPID. HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO US. HOW COULD YOU TRUST HER. "Stop... no, please stop" I whispered as I dug my fingernails into my hair. "Please leave me alone" I repeated over and over. You're a worthless idiot, Mista J was right about you. I'm ashamed to be a part of you.

I pressed my back against the wall and slid down it, weeping as my head continued to insult me worse than before. I backed into the corner of the room pulling my knees up to my face, crying into them. There was a gentle knock at the door. I couldn't respond, the lump in my throat had gotten so powerful, I couldn't speak, all I could do was cry. The door swung open and Poison Ivy ran over to me, kneeling in front of me. "Hiya, Red" I whispered as I continued to sob.