A Narcasisstic, Psychotic Clown

"So do ya get to watch me 24/7?" I asked as Jade played solitaire on the cement flooring while I paced around my cell. "I get 72 hours, then another equally trained guard takes my place for 24 hours, then I return" she said as she shuffled the deck. "I thought you were the best guard there is" I laughed as her eyes snapped to mine. "I am, he is almost as good as me, but I have league training to thank" she said with an arrogant smirk.

"Oh of course, how could I forget that you're absolutely perfectly" I laughed as I climbed onto the bars of my cell and hung upside down with my knees hooked over the metal. I always found this position comforting in my time at Arkham. "Thank you, I'm surprised you forgot about that too" she said as she laughed at me. "Well, Ms Perfect Guard, which other villains have you watched over in Arkham?" I responded, trying to find out more about the mysterious woman in-front of me. "I guarded Catwoman for several tiring months" she said with a sigh.

"What happened?" I questioned, thinking of Selina's somewhat difficult personality. "Well, she kept telling me she was a cat, so I brought a trained guard dog down to her cell. She was not happy. It was just a joke!" She said, clutching her stomach with a laugh. Her laugh was almost contagious. "A joke? I'm sure she hated that" I said with a chuckle. "She did, she hissed at me and climbed onto the highest shelf. It's not my fault, I grew up on jokes and pranks. When my mum had late night shifts, my brother would come up with jokes to tell me. He tried his best to keep me safe, I guess he couldn't keep himself safe" she replied with a sad tone.

"Some people deserve savin' more than others" I said as I reached out of my cell to cover her hand with mine. She slowly looked up at me, I was mesmerised by her bright green eyes, reflecting the orange jumpsuit I was wearing. Suddenly, the sound of our dinner plates scraping against the floor startled us both, she took a sharp inhale and turned away from me. "Yeah, I guess, I just wish I could've helped him" she quickly responded before getting up and retrieving our dinner which had been dropped off at the door.

"Would you prefer a green slimy mess or a brown one" she said with a laugh as she showed me the substance in our bowls. "I'll take the green one" I said as she unlocked the food door of my cell and handed it to me. "Ya know that's the first time I've been given a choice for the food here" I chirped as I sat on my hard mattress. "Well some of the guards here are assholes" she said as she scooped up the brown slime she had been served.

"Ya mean all of them" I replied with a shiver as I tasted the disgusting meal served to me. She quickly looked over at me with an eyebrow raised "are you calling me an asshole?" "Maybe, what are you gonna do about it" I asked with a laugh. "Is that really a question to ask an ex league member" she replied with a fake glare. "You try too hard" I responded with a smile as I passed my meal back and gave her a light, patronising pat on the head.

Suddenly, the lights in the cell turned off. I looked over at Jade and asked "what was that?" She quickly grabbed hold of her gun and searched the room. "Are ya gonna answer me?" I repeated as I crossed my arms and leaned against the cell door. I waited for the warm comfort of the electricity running from the bars to my back, but it never came. Jade turned towards me "Harley, be quiet".

The electricity has been cut off Harls, maybe the door will open. I gently pushed against the cell door. It easily opened with a small screech. Jade's eyes quickly made contact with mine as she realised the danger she was in. "Get back in your cell" she yelled pointing her gun at me, as I stepped out and cracked my knuckles. "It wasn't fun in there" I said with a little giggle.

Suddenly, footsteps sounded throughout the corridor outside my cell. "Hello, darlin" said a familiar voice. "Puddin" I screeched as I backed into my cell. "I came to visit you, to check you were very much alive" he said as he strode into the room. "Jack" said a whisper as both Mista J and I turned to face Jade. "What did you just say?" I responded, everything fitting into place.

"Oh my, how long it's been, Jade" he growled as a wide smile stretched across his face. "Jack, what happened to you?" She asked him as her eyes filled with tears. "Do not call me that" he yelled as he flicked a playing card towards her, burying itself into her arm. She hissed in pain as she pointed her gun at him. "I planned on finding you and killing you" she said as she slowly stepped closer. "All those innocent people, Jack, everyone dead because of you. All those people living in fear of what you're capable of. No one should have that much power, you should die for that" she said as she expertly aimed her gun.

"Kill me, prove you're just like me; a murderer" he yelled as he put quotes around murderer. "How was it you diagnosed me again, Dr Quinzel?" He asked with a charming smile as he turned to me. "A narcissistic, psychotic clown" I snarled as he stepped towards me. "Stay away from her" Jade called out as the end of her gun remained trained on Mista J. "You can't stop me, my dear little sister" he responded as his pale hand went to reach my throat between the bars. His sharp nails dug into the sensitive skin as his green eyes met mine. His eyes were the same as Jade's. His grip tightened as a wide smile formed on his face.

"Times up, Joker" a guard yelled out as he cuffed him and took him back to his cell. "He's allowed out?" I questioned with shock. "He shouldn't be, he probably bribed the guards, though" Jade replied as she re-holstered her gun. She turned to me with darkness in her eyes. My grip on the bars tightened, turning my knuckles white. She lied to me.