I'll Never Give Up On You

I ran towards the side of the vat, pushing through any goons that stood in my way. "Jade" I screamed as I looked at the swirling green liquid turn into a swirl of white. I quickly jumped into the acid, searching for Jade. I reached out to her and lifted her up until her face was out of the acid. Her hair started to turn into a platinum white as her skin began to pale. She coughed and slowly opened her eyes which remained the same bright green. "Harley" she whispered as she looked up at me.

"We have ta get ya outta here" I said as I wiped the acid off her face. Jade's face blanked as she looked at me once more. "No" she mumbled before climbing out of the acid and looking up at the scaffolding where Mista J stood. A slow laugh erupted from her, becoming more and more maniacal. The Joker soon joined in, their insanity in unison. "Jade, my sister" he said as he climbed down the steps, wrapping her in a hug.

"Finally, you have become one of us, welcome to my family" he said as he gave his sister his purple coat. "Jade, stop, what are ya doing" I asked as I tried to pull her away from him. "Isn't this what you wanted, me to be like one of you, to be a criminal. This is the real me, Harley, shouldn't you be happy" she replied in anger. "No this isn't you, I want the real Jade back, I want my Jade back" I screamed at her as her cold eyes glared at me. "I don't even recognise ya" I whispered as she carelessly looked at the pain in my eyes.

"Then leave me alone" she said through a clenched jaw. "Hahaha I love watching your heart break, Harley" Mista J growled as he stepped towards me. I saw Jade's facial features twitch slightly as she watched her brother approach me. "Goons, take her to my head quarters, Jade and I would love to chat with Harley sometime" he said with a wicked laugh. "Bye Harley-Girl" he replied with a sarcastic wave as Jade's emotionless eyes followed me.

I was shoved into the back of the white van and driven to Mista J's lair, where I was beaten and shoved into a cage. "Put it on display, we may as well" The Joker said with a joyful clap as he gestured for his goons to place my cage in the centre of the main room. "Jack, what are you doing?" Jade asked as she strode into the room. She was wearing a dark green skin tight jumpsuit and a black belt full of weapons, which was very similar to the outfit I had given her.

"Just displaying our trophy" he replied as he glanced over at his sister. Mista J was wearing his usual outfit, a light green shirt with a dark purple suit. His green hair was slicked back for once and his lips had been smudged with red lipstick. Jade stormed into the room, until she was directly in front of me. "She isn't an object" she growled as her eyes quickly looked over at The Joker. She then looked back at me, concern filling those green eyes.

"She tore us apart, Jade. We couldn't be family because she was telling you nonsense about me" he replied as his sharp nails scratched against the metal. Jade winced from the noise before looking back at me. "Jade" I whispered, trying my hardest to get through to her. I knew how the acid worked, it messed with your brain until you couldn't think straight. It made me love Mista J and now it's making Jade hate me.

"This decision will wear off ya, Jade" I finally said as The Joker stood by her side. "You made a bad choice because of the acid, I did it too, when I cared for that dickhead" I explained as my blue eyes shot daggers at the man I once loved. "This decision won't wear off because it is the right one and Jade knows it" he interjected as he pulled her away from me. "Wait, can we at least keep her in another room, she's noisy" Jade asked Mista J, avoiding any eye contact with me.

"Whatever" he said as he casually pointed to his guards to take me away. They dragged my cage out of the main room and into a room nearby. I instantly recognised the room as where The Joker kept Bud and Lou. "My poor babies are probably starvin' right now" I whined as my cage was carelessly placed in the room. "Then I will go feed them" said a familiar voice as the door closed shut.

"Jade?" I questioned into the darkness of the room, raising my fists. "Harley" she whispered before appearing in front of me. "You wouldn't actually hurt me, would you?" Jade asked as she pointed to my fists. "I don't even recognise ya" I angrily responded as I grabbed the bars in front of me, my knuckles whitening. "I can dye my hair back to brown if you want" she replied with a smirk as she stepped even closer. "One more step and ya dead" I growled.

"Ok ok, I won't change my hair then" she said with a laugh. In fact a laugh would be an understatement. She manically tipped her head back as a wide grin erupted on her face. A laugh burst from her as she made eye contact with me. Her green eyes were slightly teary from the laughter. "I guess psychopathy runs in the family" I retorted, recognising the laugh that tormented me.

"Harley, I don't want to hurt you" Jade finally claimed as she reached the bars and held them just above my hands. Her green eyes filled with seriousness as she looked at me. "What would I do without you. You... you" she stopped to think before finishing "you complete me". "Jade, you've gone crazy and that's coming from me" I replied in concern.

"Isn't that what you needed? Someone to match your insanity. That's why you loved him, more than you will ever love me" she angrily replied as she pointed to the door leading to the room where The Joker would be. "I didn't love him... I-I feared him" I said as tears welled in my eyes. I rested my forehead against the bar between Jade and I. "Don't cry, Harley" she said as her hands gently covered mine. "There's still a part of you left, I can see it, I can feel it" I responded as she rested her forehead against mine. "I'll never give up on you" I finally whispered.