The Mistress of Seduction

"Wake up, you crazy bitch," the guards ran their batons along the bars, waiting for me to get up. I sleepily stood up as I said "what's going on?" One of them yelled out "Amanda Waller reckons you're less crazy than we thought." The other guard said "She thinks you can become normal again, she's puttin' you in therapy until you're deemed sane." I giggled as I said "ya know its funny puttin' a psychiatrist in therapy, I'll know every trick that psychiatrist tries on me."

Suddenly the sound of heels clicking on the metal floor sounded throughout the cell. I turned and saw a tall woman walking towards me. "I thought so, which is why your therapy will be talking to another inmate. She doesn't have the same criminal interests as you." I screwed up my face at the woman "firstly, who the fuck are you and secondly, she sounds borin' why's she even in Arkham."

The woman stood at the doorway and judgementally looked at me as she calmly said "I am Amanda Waller and this inmate is in prison because she's killed several thousand people in her attempt to save the environment. She identifies as an eco-terrorist." My mind immediately went to the piece of wood that had transformed during lunch yesterday. I stepped closer to the cage door and placed my wrists in front of me. "Fine I'll come with ya," I said as the two guards placed handcuffs on me.

They walked me into a large room with no windows or furniture. They stopped me in the centre of the room and walked out. As they locked up the heavy door I heard one say "I'll give you five dollars if she lives longer than 3 minutes." I shuddered as I heard the door behind me open. I turned and saw a green figure being shoved into the room.

She turned towards me, her emerald eyes glared at me as she crossed her arms. "Great, a human," she lazily said as she began to pick at her handcuffs. I cautiously eyed her as I said "I wouldn't try ta take them off, they get mad around here ya know." She flicked her wrist, pulling the thin metal off her. She looked up at me "I couldn't care less what they do, I've survived worse."

I giggled as I held out my hands for her to take my cuffs off. "And who are you?" I asked as I watched her fidget with the metal. Her green eyes flitted up to my blue ones as she said "I am nature's arm. Her spirit. Hell, I am Mother Nature." As she pulled the restraints off my arms I bowed and giggled "nice ta meet ya Mother Nature, I'm Harley Quinn."

A rich laugh erupted from her as she said "you can call me Poison Ivy, besides I know who you are Harley." My eyes widened as I looked at her again "the Poison Ivy? Mista J was always scared of ya." She sighed "yeah well 'Mista J' is a pussy." I giggled at her and sat on the floor, patting the cold ground beside me.

I pulled out the piece of wood from my pocket and gave it to her. "Ya know anything about this, Red?" I asked while I placed a piece of pink bubblegum in my mouth. She turned the wood between her green fingertips. The bubble I blew popped and her gaze snapped to look at me. "Red?" She asked as the flowers stemming from the wood began to grow brighter.

I chirped "ya cause of your hair." I took the wood from her but as soon as I did the petals returned to their dull colour. I pouted as I looked at the pale flowers. Ivy cleared her throat and said "their colour stems from proximity to my toxins." She ran her fingers between my knuckles, making the flowers return to their bright colours.

"So what? You're a plant meta human?" I asked. She nodded "yes, my bloodstream contains toxins that give me the ability to control and manipulate the growth of plants." I sat up, intrigued by what she was saying. She looked at the floor as she said "someone tried to kill me but instead they turned me into this."

I watched as her emerald eyes showed her pain. I then asked "do you wish you were a human?" She quickly shook her head, "no, I despise humans. Besides without me, no one will protect my babies." I giggled "what do ya mean your babies? You're in Arkham." She smiled at my ignorance as she said "I see my plants as my children. That is what my bond to them feels like."

I loudly chewed on my bubblegum as I observed the flowers on the wood. "So ya hate humans, does that include me?" She smiled brightly at me as she said "no Harls, you have an innocence about you that I've never seen on a human before." I smirked and stood up "ya know Mista J was never this nice ta me and he was supposed ta be the love of my life." Ivy stood up beside me and gracefully stretched her limbs as she said "I don't understand how you could ever fall for someone as awful as the Joker."

I giggled as I returned the flowering piece of wood to Ivy. Her gaze rose as she stared deeply into my eyes. There was something about Ivy that made me feel connected to her. She was like a magnet to me but I felt dizzy when I was around her. She was intoxicatingly beautiful. I felt as if I couldn't control my desires around her, as if she had put a spell on me.

After our hour together had finished, two guards entered the dim room and cuffed Ivy and I. One of them dragged me back to my cell. On the way back I heard an unfamiliar male voice questioning a figure standing around the corner of the hallway. I then heard Ivy's smooth voice reply "my pheromones are working, she will be under my control by the end of the week." Once I had heard Ivy it felt like I snapped out of a daze.

As the guard slammed my cage door shut, I wrapped my legs around the ceiling bars till I hung upside down from the back of my knees. As I hung there I wondered why Ivy was trying to control me and how dangerous could she be?