Conflicted

I looked over at Jade as she rigged the front door with traps, just for little Batsy. She wore black jeans, a white tank top and combat boots with her hair loosely tied into a bun. "Ya havin' fun?" I asked with a laugh as I watched her smile down at her fatal traps. "Yes, this one will pierce through the gap in his armour and that one should paralyse him" she replied, pointing to sharp blades connected to wires. I giggled to myself as I handed her a screwdriver. She continued to work as I pulled out my book of heists and began plannin'.

"So don't go all rule abidin' on me, but I wanna rob Scarecrow" I began as Jade quickly turned to me. "When I chose to save you, that meant helping you in everything, even this" she interjected as she passed the screwdriver back. I looked down at her with almost a hint of care in my eyes. "What's the plan?" She finally asked, as her gaze broke from mine. "His lair is on the other side of Burnside Bridge. We jus gotta break in and steal some of his toxins. The place's loaded with it." I replied, her eyes lighting up at the plan laid before her.

"Why do you need this stuff?" She finally questioned as she tightened the last trap. "His fear gas is one of the best weapons I could use. Ya know I love smoke bombs, but imagine fear gas bombs!" I squealed in joy as I imagined the people around me crying in fear. "You'd be one of the most feared villains in Gotham" Jade replied with a smile. "I'd be the most feared villain in Gotham" I corrected her with a smile. "Even worse than my brother?" She asked. I cringed at the thought of her being related to such a horrible human being. "Neither of us will ever be anything like him" I responded with a smile as I rested my hand on her shoulder. With a small laugh her eyes met mine. "Thanks, Harls" she replied as she placed her hand over mine.

Together, we went and sat on my large bed, pulling out note pads as we both silently researched Scarecrow's lair and any rumours about it. After an hour, I stopped writing and looked up at Jade. She was concentrating on the piece of paper in front of her as she began drawing out a floor plan for the labs, storing the fear toxins. I slowly moved in closer, watching her carefully draw onto the paper. She finally dropped the pen, looking proudly at her drawing, based on the recounts of people who had been there.

"What do you think?" She asked as she quickly turned her head to face me. She stopped, realising how close we were and cleared her throat. I leant forward and snatched the paper out of her hand. With a giggle I sketched our pathway in the lab and turned back to her. "You're a genius" I said as she moved in closer, to look at the paper. "I know" she whispered close to my neck, causing a chill to run down my spine. My eyes slowly glanced over at her as her green eyes focused on my lips. She then quickly caught herself and looked back down at the paper.

"So when should we do this?" She asked as she stood up and searched through the other papers. "How about right now?" I replied as I picked up my mallet which was leaning against the wall. Jade laughed as she picked up the floor plan and her gun, walking towards the door. "Wait a second" I called out, making Jade stop and turn. "Ya need an outfit" I laughed as Jade rolled her eyes. "I don't" she muttered, shaking her head. "You made me wear an ugly guard uniform, now it's your turn" I replied.

I ran to my closet and pulled out a few items. "How about this?" I questioned as I held up a skin tight, black jumpsuit, with a matching black utility belt and combat boots. "Look, you can even keep ya assasiny sword stuff in the back belt" I chirped as I threw the clothes into her arms. "Fine" she grumbled as she changed into the outfit. I stopped her as she was zipping up the back. "What happened" I asked as I reached out and touched the scars covering most of her back.

"I was in the League of Assassins, what did you expect?" She questioned as she hastily fastened her outfit and buckled up the belt. "I-I didn't realise what you went through" i stammered in shock as a blush formed on her face. "I'm sorry, I just don't love talking about the League, some of their customs were barbaric" she calmly stated as she sheathed a silver sword into the slot on her back. "Don't apologise, I'm jus always here ya know, if ya wanna talk about it" I responded as I gripped her forearm, stopping her from moving so she could look at me. "I know, Harls" she swallowed as her eyes met mine.

"G-Good" I stuttered. Why does she have that effect on us, Harley? Is it because she reminds us of Mista J? No, she's different, like everything bad about him has been removed. Ya know that's not possible, people like Mista J are bad, nothing can change that. She's not him. Jade looked at my conflicted face and quickly stepped away. I looked over at the door and picked up my mallet, again. "Let's go rob Jonathan Crane" I squealed as I walked out the door, avoiding all the traps.