Chapter 46 *Special POV

Jameson's POV of Chapters 42 & 43:

"You two should take it to her. Zara clearly sees this as an issue between her and you two," I say looking back and forth at the two sisters. What does Amber want to give her? The letter? Probably. I glance at Xander and Grayson and they seem to be thinking the same thing. Then I watch as they both look at Avery. She looks surprised. 

"Ave is everything okay?" Amber asks with her, oh so sweet voice and Avery shoots her head up and grabs her phone. Taking a picture of whatever she saw on the ring Amber asks. "Can I see?" Then Avery hands her the wing and raises an eyebrow as she inspects it. I almost want to joke about leaving us in the dark but now is not the right time. Especially with the way Gray is looking at her. Amber hands it back to Avery and smiles.

"Time to make a trade," Avery announces and I salute them off although they didn't see it Avery grips onto Amber's arm and pulls her to the ground as she marches down the hallway. Well okay. Amber begins to laugh and waves us goodbye. 

"What was that about?" Xander asks and I shrug chuckling. "Next question. What do you think was on the ring?" Xander asks and now that was the question we all had on our minds. Maybe I should joke about leaving us in the dark but- Grayson's fixing his sleeve again.

"The options are etchings, writing, or numbers," Grayson says as he continues to fix his sleeve although it doesn't need fixing. A nervous habit perhaps? I quickly grab onto his hand and he shoots me a look. "Do you need something?" I look him in the eye and back down at his sleeve. If he is nervous he needs to talk about it. Especially after the way he was looking at Amber. "Jamie?" Grayson asks and I look back up at him.

"Why do you always fix your sleeve even if it doesn't need fixing?" I ask and he tilts his head acting all innocent. Like he doesn't know what he is doing- Or maybe he doesn't know. 

"I don't know what you are talking about," he responds and I raise an eyebrow at him. Does he really not know or is it just an act?

"In moments like these, I always see you fixing your sleeve or dusting your suit jacket. Why?" I explain and he looks around. "Why Gray?" I ask again as he avoided my question. He then puts on his thinking face as he looks straight at me again frowning.

"What makes you think they don't need fixing?" He asked me and I paused to inspect him. Then I caught Rosie smiling an evil smile in the corner of my eye. Amber has weird taste in friends- Are we weird?

"He's right. It is like he was born wearing a suit. He developed superpowers and he can tell when it needs fixing!" Rosie squeaks and we all look at her shocked and amused. I snort and begin to laugh. Xander and Max join me and I see Grayson's lips twitching but he forces himself not to smile. Maybe Amber doesn't have a weird taste- No she definitely does.

"Grayson? Superpowers?" I laughed to continue the moment hoping that Grayson would crack a smile but he didn't.

"I like her," Max smiles elbowing Rose. 

"What kind of like?" Avery says as she appears from Zara's wing. She took the words right out of my mind. We all turn to look at her but the one thing I notice and the others probably do as well is that Amber isn't beside her. "Got the ring!" She announces and I nod but look into the wing to see if she is there. Avery sighed as she noticed that was what we were all doing. "Does my sister feel off to you?" She asked and I thought about it. She didn't seem that off but something had changed.

"Uhh- Yeah?" Xander says awkwardly and Grayson and I turn our heads to look at him. "Wh- Why?" He asks suspiciously. So something is up and Xander knows what that something is.

"I don't know. She was pretty much non-existent the whole time I was talking to Zara. Like her mind was elsewhere. She hasn't talked to any of you guys has she?" Avery asked and I shook my head. Now I have to know what is up.