Chapter 27 *Special POV

Jameson's POV of the previous chapter:

I could see True North by taking the ski lift to the top of the mountain with Grayson. What was everyone doing? We were going there in a moment anyways. As we approach the end we see someone. Waving and waiting for us. The silence was broken.

"Who is that?" Grayson asks staring at the figure. "Xan?"

"Probably," I shrug and look at the figure. It was definitely Xander. 

It was getting dark out we needed to head back. We jump off the ski lift with a thud and Xander just stands there and smiles. 

"I won," he says sounding too happy and confident but there was something else there. He was hiding something... or somethings? 

"You're not telling us something," Grayson says. Of course, he said it. He was Grayson. Xander looks behind us and then back at us.

"I made it down first after Amber told me you guys were going the Drop. I won," Xander shrugs. Still not everything. I have known Xander his whole life he can't hide. Grayson glances at me. A questioning look, he was wondering if I heard it too. In Xander's voice. I glance back at him nodding slightly. "You guys are leaving me out. Didn't you hear me? I WON."

"You are still not telling us something. You're looking for someone" The last part was a complete guess but Xander frowns.

"Who told you... shit. YOU TRICKED ME" He even sounded cheerful while swearing. It didn't sound like a swear coming out of his mouth.

"Who are you looking for?" Grayson asks raising an eyebrow. Xander looked at both of us behind us and back at us again, he then sighed.

"Amy Bear said she was walking back to True North instead of taking the SUV. That was two hours ago. No sign of her and we can't get a hold of Oren or Mike either... I said too much didn't I" Xander starts to turn away but I reach for his shoulder. He tilts his head down slightly to look at me. Why was he so tall? I was tall... what does that make Xander? Giant? 

"She did what now?!" Grayson exclaims from beside me. He turns around and looks down the mountain. Looking for her? Amber was walking back. She hadn't made it home yet and it was getting dark. We can't get a hold of Oren and Mike. Why? Where were they? What if...?

"We need to" I start but Xander puts a hand over my mouth.

"No. She will come back to True North. If she doesn't make it back by tomorrow then and only then we search. She will come back. If I know Amy Bear like my best friend. Which I do and she holds that title. She found something. You'll see. For now True North we go!!" Xander says grabbing Grayson's arm and mine. He yanks us towards True North. Our bodies are tired we don't resist.

---

It had been four hours. It was 12 o'clock. Still no sign of Amber. Where the hell could she be? I swear if something happened to her she would never be out of my sight ever again. I pull out my phone. Everyone's group chat. I text 911, in the living room. They couldn't ignore that. They weren't allowed to ignore that. Walking into the living room I take my seat back of the chair. Don't bleed on that. Grayson had said when we arrived. Nash knew now. He knew about everything. His father. He didn't look like he cared but he was Nash. Grayson had been drinking a lot. He was probably drunk right now. His bastard of a father did that to him... and Amber?

Everyone piles into the room. They were taking their place on the couches and chairs. Grayson stuck with Nash and Libby at the door. Once everyone was there... minus Amber. We commenced.

"Why are we here?" Rebecca asks quietly. I hadn't given anyone an explanation.

"Amber isn't back yet," I say looking at Xander he opens his mouth to talk. I glare but he was Xander he was going to talk anyways. I look at Avery she was fidgeting, staring at the floor, zoning out. She was worried. "It is technically the next day, don't be an idiot Xander" That came out of nowhere.