Chapter 31 *Special POV

This is Chapter 29 in Grayson's POV!

Walking out of the cabin I watch Amber as she shivers. She just stands there in the cold. I turn the light off and close the door. She starts down two steps holding the railing but then she stops. Her body sways slightly. I rush down the stairs and stand in front of her. Just in case she falls. I can't have her falling again. I hold her hands to steady her. She doesn't focus her eyes on me.

"You're not okay," I say she looks into my eyes. 

"I'm fine, just tired that is all," She says I take a step back and she takes another step and another reaching the bottom. 

"If you say so," I say.

 We start walking and she is strangely silent. What was she thinking about? "We turn to the left here," I say and she turns to the left. She hears me but she doesn't look like she does. We continue with me barking out directions. It was still dark out. 3:00 AM? It was 2:00 AM when I went to Amber. Amber still doesn't talk. "Amber?" I ask her no response. Does she not want to talk? Was she really that tired? Or was something wrong? Really wrong. We walk a little more around halfway when Amber starts swaying slightly. She was blinking rapidly again. What was going on?! I don't know what to do. She starts breathing faster. 

"Gray-" She stutters out, it sounded panicky. She gasps and falls to the floor. She was on her knees and hands. I kneel next to her in an instant. My hand was on her back. She wasn't okay. Something was wrong.

"Amber," I say and she collapses. Laying on her side. Her body looked lifeless. "Amber!" I shout. She doesn't move even a bit. "Shit, shit, shit, shit" I mutter under my breath. What do I do? What do I do? If I hadn't brought her out here this wouldn't have happened. If I hadn't... I check for a pulse. There is one. What do I do? I can't leave her here. I lift her upper body and crouch. Pulling her upper body over my shoulder. Her legs dangled over my front. I could walk back this way. I was capable but some part of me can't. I clear some snow away with my foot right under a tree. There was enough cleared for her. I set her down slowly. I tilt her head upwards just in case her airway is blocked. Do I call for help? I don't have my phone. I can't leave her. I remove my jacket and cover her with it to keep her warm. I need firewood.

---

Coming back from my search for firewood Amber is still lying on the floor unconscious. She doesn't move one bit. I set the firewood down in the middle of the clearing. Starting the fire. After much error, it starts melting away the snow around it. 

I walk over to where Amber is laying and check for a pulse. I don't want to lose anyone again. Especially under my watch. I place my fingers on her neck. She had a pulse but was she okay? No, she wasn't. What had happened? "It's all my fault," I mutter, still touching Amber's neck. "I'm sorry". I get up to leave. Scout the area for someone. Why hadn't Oren's team found us yet? 

I walk around. There is no one. How long had it been? I pull back my sleeve. 6:00 AM. It had been three hours now. I head back to the clearing and I see Amber. Amber had woken up. I stay there frozen for a bit. Her hands are in her hair. Tears in her eyes.

"I should have never left. I should have been there" I mutter and she looks at me. Her eyes widened. I realize that I wasn't going to her. That I wasn't moving. I need to. Why had I stopped? Frozen in place? "AMBER" I shout and run as fast as I can. I fall into a kneeling position beside her. She was breathing fast. Tears rolled down her face. I put a hand around her back. With my other hand, I remove hers from her hair and hold them. 

"What happened? W-W-What" She says her voice quivering. I stroke her hand gently with my thumb. Does she even feel it? Does she even know I am doing it in the panic of the moment? She had questions. She wanted to know how long she had been out. Where we were.