Chapter 45 *Special POV

Grayson's POV of Chapters 42 & 43:

"You two should take it to her. Zara clearly sees this s an issue between her and you two," Jameson says looking between the two of them. Avery holds the ring... Amber has something to give her. What is it? The letter she found? It must be. I saw her experimenting on it with Xander, looking for any sort of chemical elements and clues. I've been looking at Amber for too long. Diverting my gaze to Avery there is a look of surprise on her face, Amber has caught onto it too. She looks at her sister with worry.

"Ave? Is everything okay?" Amber asks and Avery snaps out of everything and takes her phone out. She takes a photo of the inside of the ring. What is there? A clue? Writing? Numbers? "Can I see?" Avery hands Amber the ring and she inspects it. She raises an eyebrow and hands it to Avery. What was on there?

"Time to make a trade," Avery announces gripping Amber's arm tightly. She pulls Amber as she marches down the hallway. Amber falls to her backside and she laughs. Quite a sight to see. Avery pulls her sister down the hallway and Amber laughing waves goodbye.

"What was the about?" Xander asks and we all shrug. "Next question. What do you think was on the ring?"

"The options are etchings, writing, or numbers," I say fixing my sleeve but Jameson catches my hand. "Do you need something?" I ask roughly. He eyes me and looks down at my sleeve. "Jamie?"

"Why do you always fix your sleeve even if it doesn't need fixing?" Jameson asks and I tilt my head.

"I don't know what you're talking about," I state. I don't know. What is he referring to?

"In moments like these, I always see you fixing your sleeve or dusting your suit jacket. Why?" Jameson asks and I look around. Xander, Rosie, and Max are here. Why is he asking me in front of them? "Why Gray?" I frown.

"What makes you think they don't need fixing?" I ask and he stops to think. Rosie smiles. She is an interesting person. The uncomfortable kind.

"He's right. It is like he was born wearing a suit. He developed superpowers and he can tell when it needs fixing!" Rosie squeaks and we all stare at her. Jameson, Max, and Xander start laughing. I bite back a smile.

"Grayson? Superpowers?" Jameson laughs.

"I like her," Max comments elbowing Rosie.

"What kind of like?" A voice says from the entrance of Zara's wing. We all turn our heads and Avery stands there. No Amber in sight. "Got the ring!" She announces and we all nod. "Does my sister feel off to you?"

"Uhh- Yeah?" Xander says awkwardly. "Wh- why?" Does he know something that we don't?

"I don't know. She was pretty much non-existent the whole time I was talking to Zara. Like her mind was elsewhere. She hasn't talked to any of you guys has she?"

"No. Specify on the non-existent?" I say and she nods.

"She was just zoning out the whole time. I had to snap her out of it. Then she says she wants to talk to Zara alone like she realized something. I agreed of course," Avery says. Zoning out to think. Think about what? Amber can climb into people's minds. Was she climbing into Zara's? Asking her about what she thought Zara's life was like. "You look like you know something," Avery states eyeing me and I nod. But I don't say anything. "Go on then."

"Well. How do I say this- Your sister has developed the ability to climb into people's minds. This is just an assumption but I believe that is what she was doing with Zara. Now she is asking her about it. The last point is a stretch, but it is a definite possibility. Then again she might be giving her the letter and photo she found at True North."