Chapter 4

I headed for the exit of Toby's wing without Jameson and Avery noticing and ran away. I ran through the many hallways of Hawthorne house and down flights and flights of stairs. I almost ran past my destination. I stopped abruptly and shot into Xander's laboratory. I looked around the room and found Xander in the corner of his lab. He was tinkering with something. I ran towards him.

"Xan Deer!"

"Amy Bear?"

"Do you know where we can get a blacklight?"

"I just so happen to own many backlights."

"Good"

"Why the need for black lights?"

"So Avery and I went back to Toby's wing because Avery thought that maybe there was a book about poisonous trees. So we went there and found a book and there was a poem. The answer is that we need to shine blacklights on the walls of his wing." I said excitedly all in one breath.

"I'll bring them up. Help me with them will you?"

"Of course." Xander gave me two blacklights and he took two as well. One for me. One for Xander. One for Avery and one for Jameson. We head out of his laboratory and I decided to walk because I was getting too excited about everything. I heard footsteps coming toward us. Jameson appeared with Avery close behind.

"There you guys are," I said tilting my head up and giving them a small smile.

"You already got the blacklights from Xander," Jameson said.

"Of course I did. Here take one." Jameson came up to me and took one of the two I was holding. Avery went to Xander.

"Can I?"

"Why not" Avery took one from the two Xander was holding.

"What do you think we will find on the wall?" Avery asked.

"A clue, a puzzle, a riddle maybe another poem," Xander replied. I was getting impatient with everyone's speed. I was in front of everyone when walking to the wing. 

"Come on hurry up. If we walk like snails people are going to notice. If we run there we are hidden faster soo..."

"Don't you dare say bye" Avery said. I looked to Xander who looked like he was up for running there as well. I looked at him and mouthed. 1, 2, 3 GO!

"BYE" Xander and I said running off toward Toby's wing. I heard Jameson or Avery running behind us but we lost them pretty quickly. We made it to the entrance of his wing and jumped into it. "They don't understand do they?"

I was about to turn it on when Xander stopped me. "Let's wait for them"

"Fine" I heard footsteps running towards us not much time after Xander stopped me. "There you are."

"Do you seriously have to do that Amber?" Avery asked.

"Of course I do." I looked at Xander and he looked at me. 

"Straight line!" Xander called out. We all lined up. "3. 2. 1. On!" We all flipped the switch of our blacklights at the same time. There was writing all over the walls of the hallway. I looked at everyone else they were frozen in shock. I walked forwards and shined the light into the bathroom. writing. The study. writing. The bedroom. writing. The library. writing. 

"This is going to take some time." We all looked at every wall. He had written a diary. Not your normal pencil and paper diary but an invisible ink and wall diary. I started in the rooms and so did Xander. Avery and Jameson started in the hallway. Xander walked up to my sister who was frozen looking at the wall.