Chapter 30 *Special POV

This is Chapter 28 in Grayson's POV!

I approach the bookshelf that separates me from Amber's room. Do I knock? I knock on the bookshelf and I hear someone getting up on the other side. Amber. I knock again just in case she thinks it was it was the door. I hear her pulling on a book. The bookshelf opens up. I look her up and down. Something was off.

"Is everything okay? I would ask how ski-lift chicken went but I think the way you and your brother look explained that already" Amber says a weak smile on her lips.

"Your sister was worried," I say stating the obvious. I couldn't find the right words.

"About me? Nooo, really?" She says her voice had a mocking tone. "I was worried about you and your brother," She says as soft as her ready soft voice can get. I shake my head and take one step toward her.

"You shouldn't have to be," I say. Her sister wasn't the only one who was worried, heck I even took to drinking.

"Were you worried about me?" Amber asks a frown on her face. She didn't want anyone worrying about her the same way I didn't want anyone worrying about me. I had built up a wall so strong that it couldn't be knocked down. But Amber found a way to knock it down. She won't stop.

"Xander told us. He told us Oren and Mike were there" I say she sighs and sits on her bed. She gestures for me to enter her room. I don't want her to see me limp. I walk as normally as I can. Did I pull it off? She pats beside her. She wanted me to sit beside her. On her bed. I look her in the eye. Is that what she really wanted? I nod and sit beside her. I feel her looking at my legs. Shit. She noticed it.

"You shouldn't have to be worried. You're hurt." Amber says worry in her voice. She didn't need to be worried. I could protect myself.

"That doesn't matter and I should be worried." 

"Then I should be worried as well. You hurt your ankle doing the drop. That is exactly why your grandfather outlawed it when you were I would say twelve." How did she know? I look at her face. "Xan told me that it was outlawed when he was around ten." She was telling me about how I put myself in danger and hurt myself?! What about her?!

"Why do you keep putting yourself in danger?" I ask. 

"What? No, I-"

"First you break your arm, then you sprain your ankle." She puts a hand on my lap. What was she doing? She was breaking down my wall. "You get yourself kidnapped and now you could've been injured or lost," I say looking away from her.

"I'm not doing it purposely I swear. You're the one who hurt yourself today. Oh, but of course! Hawthorne men have nine lives" She says quietly her voice adopting a new tone.

"Amy," I say as softly as I can. What did I just call her? I called her Amy. Again. I was letting her matter.

"Are you okay?" she asks me. Was I okay? I already talked about this with her. Now it was her turn.

"If this is about my father, I already talked. You said you would talk about you later. Later is now" I say. Did it come off as mean? I can't think straight. I can't put my thoughts in order. I couldn't be drunk... could I?

"I did. I am fine. But... Who was Liam working for? He was working for The Sheriff. Who is he? Because I know he won't give up. That is it" She sighs. There is something missing. It didn't sound complete.

"There is something you aren't telling me... Nash told me everything about what happened. What he walked into. He said it was best if someone knew." I say. Nash told me about walking in to find Liam handcuffed. A knife at Amber's feet. Her being tied to a post. The reason she didn't and couldn't swear? A gag. Nash had told me everything.