To Soothe or Stoke the Blaze

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name

——————————————————
____________________________________
Your POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Your POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

     I had spent so long under the looming threat of blood and death that I had forgotten what it was like to truly relax. My body was always so tense as I waited for every new task to undertake as Noah's maid and dealt with the stress of whether or not I'd live to see another day while also carrying my family's lives on my back. That isn't even mentioning all the fear of becoming a wife to that madman after what he did to me. My first night stay in lovely home of Lollingdale's revered Queen had been the first in a long time that I had been able to sleep with ease. Perhaps it was the shock of actually getting away that sent me into nearly a full day's sleep? None could really blame me for it.

     Though, I'm sure, her majesty would've liked to speak to me right away, she had a much kinder heart than Noah, actually taking into consideration that I needed rest after my long journey. She had treated all three of us well, allowing us to settle into the palace guest suites and the use of her servants for whatever we may need. I was astonished to find friendly smiles on the worker's faces and absolutely none with shaking hands. That alone was a stark enough difference between Noah and her. It was as though they were polar opposites, at least, as far as I could tell. For all I know, this is a farce, but I don't believe so.

     After nearly a week, I began receiving brief visits from the woman who had rescued me and my new friends. Her visits consisted of a sit down at tea time, sometimes in the lovely gardens of the palace or the exquisite tea room. Rather than the busy, garish decor of the castle Noah resides in, her palace was decorated lightly. Everything was pristine and plants were a must, about everywhere I looked, especially orchids, which the Queen confessed to be her favorite flower. Our chatter would often consist of what transpired between Noah and I, all that he had done to me and to those I had loved, as well as talk of what I knew about how he treated his country and it's people.

     It was not so surprising for the slightly older woman to hear how snakelike he was, and yet, he dared to call her a liar to her people when she came during his search for a wife. Hypocrite, she called him, gaining a bit of a smile out of me. It felt so freeing to vent about him without fear of getting my tongue lopped of for it, and Queen Abigail was an easy person to confess all my troubles to. Sometimes I felt I wasn't speaking to royalty at all, but a dear friend, even a sister. Although, I keep my manners in mind, though I feel that way.  She might not feel the same. I know my place here.

     I am simply lucky to have gained her favor and that she had a growing hatred towards the murderous King of Cadaria. After telling her all the details of our engagement, she was in absolute shock. She treated me so delicately after that, which to be honest, I don't know how to feel about. It was lovely to be cared about again. After getting past all the dreariness, we spoke of better things, about our new documents and citizenship. It was all in the works, and soon enough, we'd be off to start our new lives deep in the countryside of Lollingdale, where Noah would never find us. Marcy and Dallas planed to put together a small pub with the generous amount of money her majesty swears to send us off with. As for me, they said I was welcome to work with them. I felt so honored by that. After all, I am the reason they had to leave everything behind, their old lives and work, their family. The siblings hoped to send a message to their father when they could to tell him they were safe and that he should join them here, but we thought it best to wait until things calmed down, which I feel might take a long while.