Acquaintances

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name

——————————————
Your POV:
___________________________

——————————————Your POV: ___________________________

___________________________

At last, this long day has finally neared it's end. My muscles ache and my fingers feel as though they'll snap off after having polished the entire ballroom floor. There is one good thing about today, though: I didn't run into the King since his morning bath. He must've been too busy to mess with me, which is definitely a good thing. I make my way through the halls to the cafeteria, but pause at a window. Up above, the stars twinkle in the inky black night, like the jewels on his majesty's crown, while below stands the entire kingdom. I stare out into the distance, in the direction of my family's farm, and heave a sad sigh. I miss it so.

'I hope they're okay.' There isn't a moment I don't think about mother and father. I hope their debts will be cleared soon, so I can get back to them. I force myself to keep moving, able to stand there all night, reminiscing my life on the farm. I'll miss dinner if I linger too long.

Still, I continue to think of home on my way to the dining hall, recalling a memory of my mother teaching me how to tend to the crops and how my father used to give me piggyback rides around the house. A frown tugs at my lips as my heart wrenches from homesickness, and I keep an emotionless facade as I fetch my supper, consisting of a slice of ham and sides of peas, steamed carrot slices, and mashed potatoes with gravy. I sit away from everyone again and pick at my food, left to stew in my depressing thoughts, while others converse amongst their groups. I look up in surprise when a man sits across from me and sets his tray onto the table. I felt my spirit leave my body upon recognizing the uniform dressing his slim body.

 I felt my spirit leave my body upon recognizing the uniform dressing his slim body

An assassin, one of the King's very best killers. I always see them stationed in the throne room, where they would wait for an order to be given. The brunette sits with excellent posture, much like the King with his hands in his lap, not moving a muscle to eat. Gulping nervously, I look back down at my food, unable to mutter a little hello, though, I can still feel his dark brown eyes staring down at me. After a moment of tense silence, he reaches up and lowers the black  fabric masking his nose and the lower half of his face to show off light stubble and a gentle smile. I dare to meet his gaze and blush upon seeing how attractive he is, which makes him smile wider, showing off a mouth full of pearly whites. The sight of the charming expression makes my heart flutter.