Crimson Rose

•E/C: Eye Color
•L/N: Last Name

——————————————
Author's Note:
___________________________

⚠️Warning⚠️

This chapter dives into some pretty dark and mature themes, gore and mention of sexual trauma so be warned. I tried to be sparing on the details for the later, but it's there. Just letting you know.

As I've said, this tale isn't for the faint of heart.

——————————————
Your POV:
____________________________

——————————————Your POV: ____________________________

____________________________

I found myself at a loss when I am assigned to wake and bathe his majesty again. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or a bad one, but I find it strange either way. Perhaps he just likes seeing me embarrassed? It's been my least favorite task thus far. I'd rather not be so close to the man who probably wants my head on a platter.

'Why does he have to be such a sadist? If he were normal, that would make my job so much easier.' I keep my opinions to myself and travel with the lavender maids, yet again, to his chamber door. The blonde girl unlocks the door, same as last time, and lets me inside to do my task. She shuts the door gently behind me as I make my way up to the bed while admiring the details of his room.

'Lucky bastard gets to wake up in this giant room, gets waited on hand and foot. I can only imagine what his meals are like. He probably has a feast for himself every night,' I think out of jealousy, having never lived a life of luxury like this. Once I'm at his bedside, I pause when I find him looking just as distressed as he was yesterday morning. The King's body is tucked into a fetal position with his arms wrapped tightly around his knees, the whole bed quaking from his violent shaking.

Undistinguishable words tumble out of his mouth and tears stain his rosy cheeks that had heated due to crying so hard. His sleeping face would twitch randomly, as though he were in pain, which made me feel pity for the man. He may be a ruthless ruler, but this allowed me to see a new side of him that I honestly hate. I don't like watching people writhe in pain, even if I think they deserve it. It made me want to wake him up as soon as possible, while in the back of my head, I ponder what he's dreaming about. Something terrible, obviously. As I lean over a bit, I could hear faint whimpers leave him and frown as I call for him to waken in a gentle voice, worried that I might startle him and end up injured.

"Your majesty, it's time to wake up now." The man gives a frightened groan whilst turning over to face me, crying even harder than before.