Royal Prisoner

•E/C: Eye Color
•Y/N: Your Name

_________________________________
Your POV:
_________________________________

_________________________________Your POV: _________________________________

My lashes flutter gently against my skin as I release a moan of discomfort, my head pulsating like a heartbeat. I hiss at the pain and rub my tired eyes, the E/C optics burning for some reason. I have to squint to see as I look around, my vision slightly blurred, which thankfully, only lasted a few moments as the effects of sleep steadily wore off. I find myself not in the dormitories, like I was used to, but in my new room, which is quiet and calm. I can see the dark sky through the window, informing me that it is night. I heave a heavy sigh of relief as I lie back with a hand upon my head.

'It was only a nightmare. Thank goodness! I must've just fallen asleep,' I excuse, actually believing it until something cold and hard pressed against my face. I could feel my heart drop as I sit up again and turn on the nearest lamp to see. My breath caught in my throat the instant I laid eyes on that damn ring forcibly given to me by the King and cover my mouth, eyes watering as I shake my head in disbelief. "N- No... No it can't be real," I croak as I squeeze my eyes shut and grip my head. "They can't be dead. They just can't." My bottom lip quivers as my cheeks drown under the rivers of tears I shed. "I was supposed to save you. How could this happen?" I blamed myself, but not entirely. If it weren't for the damn king, I wouldn't even be in this mess.

'Why must he be so cruel? I thought I was doing so well.' My breathing turns ragged as I rip off the plush covers, feeling hot from my panic, and turn as red as fire upon seeing my attire. It is a nightgown, but not one I own, which certainly was not what I was wearing earlier.

 It is a simple, but soft, cotton material draped in sheer fabric with long, white sleeves and a neck that shows off my collarbone

It is a simple, but soft, cotton material draped in sheer fabric with long, white sleeves and a neck that shows off my collarbone. Regardless of its comfiness, I'd like to know who exactly it was that dressed me while I was unconscious. I shudder at the thought of it possibly being his majesty's doing, but I highly doubt he'd bother himself with such a task even after what he pulled. The man doesn't even dress himself. More than likely, it was a female servant who did the job, but he still could've insisted on being in the room for it, which made my stomach feel sick. Filled with fury, I plant my feet on the floor and march towards the door with heated cheeks.