Anger and Misery

_________________________________
Author's Note:
_________________________________

Hey, guys, remember Alton? Wanna learn a little more about his background? Go back and visit the newly edited 'Acquaintances' chapter.

*Does fancy, unnecessary hand gestures towards the chapter*

It's nice and depressing! Now, enjoy the new chapter, my victi— I mean, lovely readers!

~Golden~

—————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name
•E/C: Eye Color

—————————————————
Author's POV:
_________________________________

—————————————————Author's POV:_________________________________

_________________________________

Since he was behind for checking on his leader's condition, the remaining bandit ushered his horse to move faster to catch the runaway bride, but what he didn't expect was for her to leap off the wagon and run into the forest. He pulls at the bridle to stop and looks between the escaping woman in disguise and the two still riding in the cart with shocked faces. The reward was meant to be bigger with the capture of all three of them, but he supposed the future queen would be more valuable to the King whether she was brought in alone or not, so he chases after her into the woods. He lost visual, but there are footprints in the mud, which he only had to follow to find her.

'Stupid girl, you will be slower on foot.' He thought he had the upper hand but found it was a struggle to keep an eye on the ground as well as the low hanging branches on the trees. He had nearly been struck twice by them, so he dismounted and tied his horse before continuing.

'I should still be able to catch her. Some rich priss wouldn't have a clue how to maneuver through a forest.' He was so concentrated on the tracks that he didn't realize he had set foot in a trap. A looped vine tightened around his ankle and yanked, sending him upwards into a tree, screaming. He dangles there, upside-down, dazed and confused, as his dagger slipped out of his belt and onto the ground. Eyes wide, he stretches his hand down to grab it, but another steals it away before he could get close enough. Snapping his gaze towards the culprit, he was surprised to see the woman standing there, dagger in hand and fueled by adrenaline. He attempts to swing closer to grab her, only for her to step away, glaring at him with equal intensity.

"I outta kick your ass," he spits angrily. E/C eyes flick down to her left, landing on a rock, before she crouches down to pick it up. She holds it firmly in her hand, trembling with a mix of anger and fear, a deadly combination in the moment.