Behold the Ring of Curses Laid upon Our Heads

•Y/N: Your Name
•L/N: Last Name
•E/C: Eye Color
•H/C: Hair Color

——————————————————
____________________________________
Author's POV:
____________________________________

——————————————————____________________________________Author's POV:____________________________________

____________________________________

     "Are you sure that's all you want to take?" Dallas asks as Y/N attached a small bag of rations to the saddle of a black horse, a less expensive breed that was familiar to her, as it reminded her of the one her family kept at the farm, Matilda. The one before her was more mild in temper, though, and fitted with a saddle any peasant could afford. She couldn't expect Queen Abigail to gift her one of her prize horses for the journey, especially since their breed was more akin to the Lollingdale than Cadaria. Neither of them wanted to take the risk of Noah finding out where she had been hiding all this time, and thus, a new horse was given to her that had no particular ties to the kingdom.

     "If I take too much, I might be questioned of where I got the money for it. Besides, packing light will make for an easier trip. All I really need is enough to last me the journey, and... This." Opening the palm of her hand, Y/N stared down at a particular ring. She had managed to wring it off her finger some time back but kept it in case they would needed a little extra cash later on. Now, it would return to its intended purpose. Sighing, she slid it onto a slimmer finger on her hand. Perhaps, he could be reasoned with to get a size up if she's still alive by the end of this. Seeing the frown on Y/N's face caused a sting in the young man's heart as he stared at her in pity.

"You don't have to, you know? You can keep running. You can be with me and Marcy and never have to worry about that evil man. Y/N, please, I worry for you, for your future."

"I don't have much of a future, I'm afraid." Wearing a small, comforting smile, she faced the man and took his hands into hers. "Thank you so much for your help. For yours too, Marcy." Briefly, she glanced over to the woman behind Dallas before meeting his eyes again, his hands shaking with worry for her. "You were so kind to help a stranger. I wish you luck in all your endeavors, and may your father be safe. I'm sorry to have dragged you into my problems. That was selfish of me. Fear can do many things to a person, and unfortunately, that has lead to me taking many risks that have extended to the people around me and beyond. I don't want to go back." Her hands tightly gripped Dallas' as she choked back a sob. "I don't want to go back to that monster, but I must, or it will haunt me for the rest of my life. Do you understand?"

"I do. I'm sorry you cannot come with us."

"This may be the last we ever meet." Forcing a bright smile to her lips, she embraced the man, setting his face ablaze with blush as he hesitated to hug her in return, causing his sister to giggle silently to herself in the background. After a few moments, Y/N offered her arm to Marcy too, and in moments, she joined them. "Wish me luck, you two."