Crimson Foxes Cannot Climb

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
Your POV:
__________________________________

—————————————————Your POV:__________________________________

__________________________________

The sunlight shone on my skin in the early morning as I sat up in bed and pushed back my hair before rubbing the remnants of sleep from my eyes; however, standing up might not be so easy, especially when a heavy lion head is resting on your lap. Weston remained asleep, and I wondered at what point during the night he decided to join me, but it was a pleasant surprise, I'd say. I pet his mane, between the ears, causing one of them to twitch as he groaned before those brilliant eyes opened up. He licked his chops and yawned big while raising his head before looking at me. I laugh as he nudges me with his head before giving an affectionate lick up the side of my face. I shuddered from the rough texture and cringed while pushing his face away.

"Weston, no! I know where that tongue of yours has been, and I want no part in it." Again, I felt disgusted by the thought of his diet and nearly gagged as I slid out from under the covers. At that point, I took a look around the room. I suppose I was expecting his majesty to be hovering over me again, but thankfully, that was not the case. I sigh, knowing he would be coming soon to grab me for breakfast. I might as well get ready. I sift through the wardrobe, counting out items too fancy or frilly, which left me with few options. More than likely, I'll be locked in this room all day after eating, so I wanted something somewhat comfortable. In the end, I found myself a white dress with sheer sleeves and hardly visible patterns of stars on the skirt. The fabric is light, which is ideal for the warm weather, plus the skirt is not thick.

 I exit the bathroom after dressing and cannot help glancing over at the door, wondering if I might be lucky enough to find it unlocked

I exit the bathroom after dressing and cannot help glancing over at the door, wondering if I might be lucky enough to find it unlocked. He did say I behaved well yesterday. Perhaps, now, he'd allow me to walk freely? I seriously doubted, but it doesn't hurt to try. Unfortunately, it was as I expected when I tried the knob.

'Still trapped.' Frowning, I return to the bed, where Weston licks his paws, and sit, waiting for the door to be opened. I assumed the king or someone else would arrive soon to get me or take Weston away to be fed. Thankfully, the beast seemed content as he laid his chin back onto my thighs. With a delicate smile, I pet his head, humming a song to him quietly to pass the time.