Thunderous Hooves Knocking at Death's Door

__________________________________
Author's Note:
__________________________________

Sorry it took me so long to publish this chapter. I've recently been working on editing chapters of some of my books, this one included, so don't be surprised if this story, along with all my other ones, take a while to update. I'm trying to juggle with improving past chapters and posting new ones, but if it's too much for me, I'm going to be spending most of my time on editing.

Thanks for reading!

~Golden~

—————————————————

•Y/N: Your Name

—————————————————
Author's POV:
_________________________________

—————————————————Author's POV:_________________________________

_________________________________

Silver smoke comes out in curls, passing the lips of a man taking the last drag of his cigarette. The burning bud drops from his fingertips and is smothered by a brown boot, twisted until it's orange glow turned to grey. A hand scratches at the scruff on his chin as hazel eyes glaze over the words on the paper held in his other. With a breath of a laugh and the curl of his lip, he looks over to his crew with a smirk.

"Looks like we have a new target, boys." The ruffian flips the page to share the image upon it with the other men at the table. They stare with intrigue, memorizing every feature and detail of the woman's drawn face, but they cared nothing for that, no. What got them drooling was the large sum of reward money printed in bold beneath the picture. It was also strictly stated that she was to be brought in alive, otherwise no reward would be bestowed upon the finder. There was another message as well— One at the very bottom of the page that looked even more enticing.

Should you come upon the captor(s), bring them to the palace alive to receive an additional reward.

With grins so wide, they stung their face, the group of bandits nod their heads to accept the task. Chuckling deeply, their leader turns the missing persons poster back to him to view that delicious price.

"We'll be set for life if we pull this off. We cannot fail," he says with full confidence.

"How will we find them?" one of the men wonder, and the leader responds after mulling it over for a time.

"Well, if I kidnapped the king's girl, I'd hightail it out of here. They'll choose the fastest route too." He bears a large grin before adding,