Strange Proposal

•Y/N: Your Name

_______________________________
Your POV:
_______________________________

_______________________________Your POV: _______________________________

Why was I not surprised when I was ordered to wake the King this morning? I really don't get why he keeps asking me to do this. Honestly, he's so hard to read. I can never understand his motives. Who knows, maybe he's actually warming up to me? Wouldn't that be nice? I can gain his favor and probably get the hell out of this place, though, the thought seems pretty unlikely. A girl can dream.

I close the chamber door behind me after entering his room, making sure my movements are quiet as I make my way over to the massive bed. I can't help but feel a little thrown off when I find him lying perfectly still without a single trace of tears in his sealed eyes. I have had yet to experience seeing him without a nightmare, leading me to doubt if he was actually asleep. I heave a small sigh upon coming to that realization and speak in a calm and gentle tone.

"Your majesty, it's time to get up." The man stays "asleep", but the light twitch of his nose gives him away. I about shake my head at him, but I know it would do me no good to call him out for feigning sleep. Besides, he's probably just toying with me again.

'What's his angle this time?'

"Your majesty, your bath will get cold," I mention, hoping he'd get up for a warm bath, yet he remains still under the covers.

'How am I going to get him to move?' I ponder with a small hum.

"You must get up, sire. You have to review the rest of your suitresses today," I say in a pleading voice before hesitating to add, "Are you trying to make them wait?" The last bit came out in a low whisper, and I immediately prepared to get scolded or hit for it, but all I receive is a small groan of distaste. Steadily, he opens his eyes and sends me a halfhearted glare, looking exhausted.

"Begone, farm girl. Let me sleep," he mutters, faintly annoyed, before rolling over so that his back faced me. His eyes shut, and he attempted to slip back into slumber. My lips form a frown as I sigh quietly. He's in a mood again. Honestly, I can't ever keep up with his emotions.

'What's gotten into him this time?' I think back to how he treated those women yesterday. He didn't seem to like the idea of having a wife. Maybe that's the issue?

"Your majesty, may I ask you something?" I say with uncertainty, anxious to bring it up, but I'd like to get to the bottom of this and, at least, try to better understand him. It might benefit me in the long run... or end me. The King turns his head, donning a look of slight intrigue.