MEANING

I laid there with my head on his chest and he stroked my back gently

I laid there with my head on his chest and he stroked my back gently. My body was sore and I was too weak to speak after going three rounds with him. Draven had a high sex drive, and it drove me crazy. But that could also be because I make him wait for sex. I closed my eyes and sighed. I couldn't stop thinking about how much my life has changed. I shouldn't be upset about Draven being my mate, but I was. My sister didn't understand it at all. She wanted to know where Zero was, and it was hard trying to get her to understand my new life. I wished that Zero was here so that I could confide in him, but he wasn't. This was my destiny and I had to deal with it. But there was a voice in my head that kept telling me to defy Draven. I wanted him to know that he couldn't push me around. If we were going to be together, he had to respect my opinions, and feelings.

"Little mate, what are you thinking about?"

I opened my eyes slowly, "Draven, you can't punish the women here. Please, I don't want that for my people."

He cupped my chin, "our people. I won't go through with it, but I want you to start respecting me, Eden. They don't feel like they should bow to me because you don't. I am the king and you know it. Stop fighting it, or you will cause more problems."

"I feel the same way," I propped myself up on my elbow. "I am your queen."

"Well act like it. I wouldn't deny you the pleasure you want, Eden. I wouldn't deny you anything...if you would stop fighting me. You love me, and now I know it."

I rolled my eyes, "I said that in a moment of lust."

"It doesn't matter, you said it. You loved the way that I was making you feel. You love my touch, even though you deny it. If I'm willing to give you what you want, why can't you do the same? I can love you and be everything that my brother is for you."

I looked away, "I love Zero." I gasped when he rolled on top of me. I felt him spread my legs with his knee, and when he rubbed himself against me, I shivered.

"I don't care, little mate. He is not here, I am. Stop focusing on him and focus on me. You will never open your heart to me if you keep living in the past. He is sleeping and he will sleep for a while. You are mine and I will enjoy you while I have the time. You have to give us a chance, little mate."

I placed my hand on his chest, "I can't love two people. I made my choice, Draven."

"You made that choice before you even knew that I existed. All that I'm asking for is a chance. I want to show you what it can be like between us, and then you can openly choose who you want. But I want the same chance that you gave my brother."

I knew that he was right even though I hated it. I had to give him a chance to prove himself. How would I know who I truly loved if I didn't open up to him? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "Okay, but you have to start respecting me Draven. We will never get anywhere if you can't understand my feelings."