SPEECH

I awoke to the sun shining in on my face, I turned on my side to see Zero sleeping peacefully beside me

I awoke to the sun shining in on my face, I turned on my side to see Zero sleeping peacefully beside me. His hair was messy, but he was still so sexy. I bit my lip enjoying the sight of him. When my eyes traveled down to his scar, I frowned. I had never asked him what happened to him. We had spent the whole night talking about me and where I grew up. We had a lot of sex, and my body was aching, but I didn't mind. I closed my eyes and smiled enjoying the sound of his breathing. It was a strange feeling between me and Zero. I didn't feel like he was a stranger when we finally started talking. He made me feel comfortable and comforted me when I needed him to. I couldn't believe that he could be so gentle.

"Are you going to keep staring at me?"

I blushed burying my face in the pillow. I hadn't realized that he was awake. "Sorry," I mumbled.

He grabbed my hand and kissed it, "I enjoy it. I think it's cute that you like watching me sleep."

I placed my hand on his chest, "what happened here? I told you all about me, but I know nothing about you."

He sighed, "do we have to spoil a good morning with a terrible story?"

"I want to know more about you."

He pulled me up against his chest, "hm...okay. Well, I grew up in Ken Providence. It's very far away from here. My father is Alpha of that pack, and I was going to follow in his footsteps, but I didn't want to. We had different views on how things would be done and so I left. I decided that I would start my own pack and that's exactly what I did."

I raised an eyebrow, "it was that simple?"

"Yup, I mean I had problems at first, but I made it."

I placed my hand on his scar, "what happened?"

"I was fighting another Alpha for territory. He nearly killed me, but I survived and when I was healed, I killed him. I took all of his land and started to build here."

"Why come you don't have any women in this pack?" That's the first thing that I realized when I saw his pack. There were no women and children at all. Alora told me what they liked to do to women, and I needed to know about that.

"I wanted a strong pack. We aren't family men, Eden. We went rogue for a reason, so we do what we want. We take what we want, and we live by our own rules. When we want the company of a woman, we go and find one. But there are plenty of women who give themselves up willingly."

I didn't want things to be this way. I didn't like the sound of it at all. "If you're not a family man, why did you mate with me?" I sat up crossing my arms over my chest. The last thing I wanted was a man doing something that he didn't want to do.

"I don't know," he whispered staring out the window. "When I saw you, I just wanted a quick fuck. I was going to keep you here for a while and train you to be mine but nothing serious. But there was something about you that made me want more."