MARKING

It was time for me to get ready for my wedding

It was time for me to get ready for my wedding. I was nervous because I knew that tonight I would have to give myself to the Alpha. I was still shocked and confused about the decision that he made three days ago. He chose me over Danielle, and I couldn't figure out why. Why would he do that? I wasn't like these other girls; I wasn't noble and lady-like. I was the complete opposite, and I wasn't a queen. There was no way that I would blend in with the royal family, I would stick out like a sore thumb. I looked up and smiled when I saw Elizabeth walking towards me. I was happy that I was able to choose who I wanted to help me get dressed.

Elizabeth wasted no time, she grabbed my hand and pulled me upstairs. "Come on Eden we have no time to waste."

I nodded my head and followed closely behind her. She opened the door to the bedroom and pulled me inside, closing the doors behind her.

"I will start on your nails and toes," she said pulling out her supplies. I took a seat and let her get to work on me, for a while it was silent until she broke it. "How do you feel?"

"Nervous...scared...completely in shock. I don't know why he chose me. Why would he do this? I don't understand any of it. I mean, what am I supposed to do?"

She shrugged continuing to paint my nails a metallic gold with sparkles. "Marry him. I know that's the last thing that you want to hear but that's what you came here for. You said that you want to take care of your sister and you can do that now."

I sighed loudly, "I know."

She paused on my nails before staring into my eyes, "so what's the problem?"

I was quiet for what seemed like forever, "I don't know anything about being a royal. I have no idea how to please a king. I was happy working as a maid, and he told me that's what I was going to do. So, why would he change his mind?"

Once again, she nodded her head and continued doing my nails. It felt weird talking about my feelings and how I felt about the king. Silence overcame us once more as she started on my toes.

"You came here to be with him." She said painting my toenails. "My cousin had an arranged marriage two years ago. She didn't want to get married either, but she knew her duty to her family. It's hard the decisions that we have to make but we are women."

"So, just because I'm a woman, I shouldn't have a voice?" I asked a little confused.

Elizabeth shook her head, "no. You should have a voice. You shouldn't be forced to do anything you don't want to do."

"But yet here I am getting ready to marry a man that I don't want to."

"Eden, if you didn't want to marry the alpha, you shouldn't have come here." She snapped back at me. I could see the frustration on her face. She was frustrated with me, and I couldn't blame her. "Sorry," she mumbled. "Hold still so I can finish."