BACKFIRED

I needed to be headed home but I couldn't stop reading the book I found

I needed to be headed home but I couldn't stop reading the book I found. It was called Blood Moons and it was written by Ginger York. It was about the beginning of wolves and how she came across one. The book contained all the research that she had gathered over the years. I was interested in how the connection between humans and wolves was deeper than just sharing a body. The librarian told me that she had to leave early but trusted me with locking up the library. I could see the moon shining brightly in the sky from the window. The clock on the wall said that it was eight-fifteen. I yawned and stood up stretching. I had spent most of the day in the library reading and it was relaxing. It was safe to say that I finally spent my day doing something that I wanted to do. I glanced up when I heard the door open. I smiled watching as Dustin stepped into the library. I was grateful that it wasn't my husband. I didn't want to see him right now because I knew that he would be upset that I wasn't in the bedroom. He has been trying harder to get me pregnant, but it doesn't matter how hard he tries, it won't work.

I smiled as he approached me, "Hey what are doing here?"

"I told Nina that I would make sure that the library was locked. I'm shocked to see you here this late. What are you doing?"

"I got lost in this book I was reading. But no worries, I'm leaving now." I smiled handing him the key. He took it from me, and I walked past him.

"Eden, I wanted to talk to you about something."

I stopped and turned to face him, "what is it?" I was curious to know what he wanted to talk about, but I couldn't talk for too long. I knew that Tristian would be heading to our bedroom soon and I wanted to be there before him.

"We haven't gotten to talk much these days. But I want to make sure that the medicine you're taking is working."

"It's working, trust me. I can't thank Cara enough for what she is doing for me. I appreciate you too because you keep Elizabeth busy while I sneak off."

"Why don't you tell her what's going on?"

I shook my head, "I can't. She's already doing so much for me, and we haven't seen eye to eye on this topic. She wants me to obey my husband and she doesn't hesitate to remind me. She's still a good friend to me despite our different points of view."

He took a step towards me, "I don't think that you should call her a friend then."

"What do you mean?"

"Why would she be telling you to do something that you don't want to do. You don't love Tristian so why would she try to force you to love him?"

"She doesn't want to see me get in trouble. Trust me, she's coming from a good place. Now, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow at the same spot." I tried to walk past him, but he stopped me. I tried to pull away but his grip on my arm was too tight. "Dustin, I have to go. Tristian will come looking for me and I'm not supposed to be alone with you."