ALORA

I walked into the bedroom and tried to seem as small as possible

I walked into the bedroom and tried to seem as small as possible. I knew that Tristian was still upset about what happened. I wanted to talk to him, but I didn't know what to say. Should I be honest with him about what was going on? I didn't want to see anyone else punished because of me. Elizabeth didn't deserve what was happening to her. It was my fault and I felt so guilty. If I hadn't involved her, she wouldn't be in this situation. She lost her title and her pay all in one night. All of her hard has been wiped clean and she has to start at the bottom. I cursed under my breath and turned to face my husband. I got myself into this mess and it was time to get myself out of it. I needed to start taking ownership of the things I have done. I was the one not being honest, and I needed to be punished.

"Tristian."

"I don't want to talk right now."

I sighed, how was I supposed to tell him if he wouldn't listen? What could I do? Maybe tonight wasn't the best time, I would tell him in the morning. Maybe if he got some sleep, he might be calmer. I could tell that he was on the borderline between himself and Knox.

"You won't be going anywhere until your punishment has been sentenced." He said staring out the window.

"Why would you punish me? You don't even know what's going on and you won't let me explain." I growled trying to contain my anger. I knew that he was upset but he wasn't making any sense.

"I know what I saw and that explains it all. I don't need an explanation from you." He growled standing up and walking towards me.

I shoved him away harshly feeling my blood boil. "Stop being stubborn and let me explain. You had no right to do that to Elizabeth. It wasn't her fault, and you know that."

He slammed me against the wall instantly and I cried out in pain watching as his eyes turned green. "You're right, Eden. If you weren't being a little slut none of this would have happened. Do you think you can do anything you want because you share equal rights to my territory? Well, let me tell you something you will never be equal to me human, and you will be stripped of your queen status as soon as the sun rises. I've had enough of your disrespect and disobedience."

"I never asked for you to choose me. You married me because you wanted to tame me, and you're upset because you can't. I never wanted to marry you...I never wanted to give you my virginity...I never wanted to love you...and I never wanted to give you a child. This life was forced on me by my mother. If it wasn't for her, I would have left the night you chose me."

My life turned upside down at the age of eighteen. My mother didn't care about me, all she cared about was my honor to the family. I was nothing more than a one-way ticket to her wealth. I was miserable here, there was truly no place like home. I missed going for my long walks through the woods. I loved discovering new plants, insects, and becoming one with nature. I didn't get to do much while I was here because I was kept on a tight leash. I could see the look of rage in his eyes as he stared at me. He looked as though he wanted to kill me. I tried to keep my breathing under control, but it was hard. I was pissed off but scared at the same time. I watched as he slowly started to transform. His skin slowly started to turn into black fur. I could hear his bones cracking as he turned into a big black wolf. I took a step back as he growled at me. He was so much bigger than I was, but he was beautiful. I had never seen anything like it in my life. This was his wolf Knox, and he was definitely an Alpha. I tried to tell myself not to fear him, but it was hard. I had to get out of here before he hurt me. There was no telling what he would do, and I didn't want to find out. I glanced at the door slowly. It was a few steps away, but would I be able to outrun him? I didn't have time to sit here and figure it out. I made a run for it when I felt him getting closer. Before I could reach the doorknob, I was tackled to the ground. I tried to get away, but I was pinned down. I had no time to think before I felt him bite me. I screamed when I felt his long canines sink into my flesh. I clawed at the floor as he started to drag me away from the door. I could feel him shaking me from side to side as if I was a toy. The feeling of his teeth getting deeper made me scream louder.