UNDERSTANDING

TRISTIAN

TRISTIAN

I sat on the bed deep in thought. I was growing angrier by the second. Every time I thought about Eden saying that she didn't want to give me a child. She had one job and she was already complaining about doing it. All she has to do is lay there and stay silent. What was so hard about that?

"Why did you choose her?"

"She...I don't know," I growled out in irritation.

Knox grinned, "you wanted a virgin and you got one. I kept telling you to ignore her, but you didn't listen."

I chuckled, "you say that now but we both know the truth. You would get excited any time I was near her. There is something about her that you like, so tell me what it is."

"She stands up to you, that's what I like about her. I haven't seen a woman talk back to you ever. It's amusing especially when I'm bored."

I ran my fingers through my hair, "that sounds like you. But that doesn't change the fact that she is more of a problem than a benefit."

"She is your problem," he yawned loudly. "There is nothing that I can do with her. She's a human and I don't like humans. You'll get your child, but it will be human."

I frowned, "why? How do you know that the curse won't pass down?"

"It's simple, she doesn't have a wolf. You have a wife, but I don't have a mate. Unless I bit her and put my mate in her."

"There has to be another way for me to get a purebred child. There is no way that I will have a human son."

He laughed, "you're human yourself. If it wasn't for me, that's what you would be. But I can understand where you're coming from. There is another way to get a purebred child, but she will die. I know that you don't want that to happen."

I groaned, "so what do you want?"

"I'm honored that you're finally asking me what I want. That's sweet of you, Tristian. I want to be able to make decisions. I want to be free to rule but I'm trapped inside of you and only allowed freedom when you give it to me...or lose your temper."

"So, you want more freedom. Fine, I'll give that to you, but you can't be trusted. You will kill with no hesitation, so I have to keep you on a leash."

"You're a smart boy. You need to learn to control yourself before you could ever think about putting me on a leash."

"Be careful what you say," I growled. "I'm a king, don't forget that."

"I'm the Alpha," he smirked. "I have just as much authority as you do. So, you shouldn't forget that."

I sighed, "yeah...you're right. We are two rulers that share the same body. So, let's try to work together sometimes. What do you think I should do about Eden?"