SUBMISSION

He asked for everyone to leave the library and they did with no hesitation

He asked for everyone to leave the library and they did with no hesitation. I watched as they all made their way towards the door. I wasn't happy about being alone with him and I didn't know what he would do. How much had he seen and overheard? He waited patiently as everyone made their exit. He stared at me for what seemed like forever before finally speaking.

"Why were you hugging him? Do you think that it's okay to touch another man like that? Especially the one who you gave your first kiss to."

"No, but I."

"Shut up, now. It would be best if you answered my questions and save your excuses because I am not in the mood for them. Why do you think something like that is okay?"

"I wasn't thinking," I whispered.

He laughed, "I can tell. You make decisions and you don't think about the outcome of them. Here you are in a library full of people, and you hug another man. You are disrespectful, Eden. I own you, every single piece of you. Let me make myself clear, it may be between your legs, but it belongs to me."

"I am your wife, not your slave. You can't treat me like this, and my body belongs to me and only me. You don't own me, Tristian. I'm a human being."

"Do you want to put your little opinion to the test?"

I frowned, "it wasn't an opinion it was a fact. I don't know how your mother raised you but."

Before I could finish my sentence, he had me pinned against the wall. "Don't ever speak about my mother. I could say the same for yours. She did a horrible job of raising you. I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain to you how I was raised. My actions have nothing to do with my mother. It wasn't up to my mother how I turned out. It was up to my father, and he did what he was supposed to do."

He took a step back and I wrapped my arms around myself. I didn't know that he would become angry so fast. I knew that I couldn't upset him because it wouldn't end well for me. If my mother found out that I was upsetting him again I would be punished. I could tell that I was nearing my last strike with him, and I needed to think fast.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done it. I was wrong and I was being disrespectful."

He stood there shocked that I was taking ownership of my actions instead of arguing with him. I used his silence as an opportunity to continue to talk my way out of this situation.

"I am new to all of this, and I understand that I have a duty to you now. I want to fulfill that duty and make you happy. I know that you are irritated with me, and I don't blame you. Just because I was a virgin doesn't mean that it can excuse my behavior. I know how to act, and I know how to treat you. You are my king, and I will treat you like one. I will be your queen when you need me to be and your breeder when you need me to be."

He took a step towards me, "do you mean that or are you just saying that?"

"I mean it, Tristian. I have decided that I need to stop fighting you."