HALF-BROTHER

TRISTIAN

TRISTIAN

I sat on my throne waiting for them to bring me the woman named Cara. I wanted to know why she decided to help Eden. Even though Eden was gone, I didn't feel better. There were still so many unanswered questions, and I was going to get to the bottom of them. I sat on my throne and waited patiently for my cousin to bring her in. They had caught her in the place that Dustin said that she would be. They said that she didn't put up a fight and came willingly. Maybe she thought that Eden was going to help her. My brother and mother were standing by my side. I updated them on what was going on and my brother was shocked. My mother was angry with me because I told Eden to leave. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes thinking about the conversation we had.

I had just told my mom about everything that happened, and she was shocked. She couldn't believe it and I knew she had so many questions. She sat down in the chair across my desk and ran her fingers through her hair.

"Tristian, I'm so confused. What do you mean Eden was preventing her pregnancy?"

"She was taking the Picker Willow plant and that's why she hasn't gotten pregnant."

She shook her head, "that hasn't been around in years. How would she get her hands on something like that? I don't believe it...I can't. Someone had to have been helping her but even if they were, she doesn't seem like the type to do something like that on her own."

"I wouldn't put anything past her, honestly. She wanted to be with someone else anyway."

She frowned, "who?"

"Dustin."

"You mean the boy who works for us? Are you sure?"

I stood up and walked over to the window, "yes. I read it all in her diary."

She gasped, "no. Tristian you didn't read her private thoughts. Why would you do something like that? Do you know that's an invasion of her privacy? You're never supposed to read a woman's journal."

"I know but it was the only way that I was going to get the answers that I was looking for. She's been lying to me all this time. I don't know what way to feel about any of it. She told me that she loved me the other night and it was only a lie. I'm so disgusted that I can't even look at her."

She sighed, "Tristian, calm down. You need to talk to her and try to understand what happened. Knox attacked her and transferred the curse into her. She is no longer a human and her life is going to change. You need to help her through this process. I know that you're upset but she can't get through this by herself. It's harder on people who aren't born with it. She knows nothing about heat cycles or the dangers of being a person of two. Tristian don't do anything crazy. I know that you're upset but she is your wife, and she needs you right now."