ONE ON ONE

TRISTAN

TRISTAN

I was annoyed with this whole process. I was ready for it to be over. I sat here and they sent woman after woman to talk to me. Some of them were entertaining but some of them were not. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Kimberly seemed like a good match. She was sexy but she talked too much. She was experienced in bed, which was always a bonus. But she was nineteen and she had already been with seven different men. I kept trying to think of the perks of having her but every time I thought of something good, something negative followed right behind it. I could only hope that I was done for the day. I met with fifteen girls and Kimberly was the only one that seemed appealing. What type of daughters were these people raising?

"Is that the last of them?" I asked looking over at my guard.

Before he could respond the door opened and a young woman walked in. She was petite in size but that wasn't a problem for me. She looked up at me and I smirked. She had gray hair which I found strange. Was she sick or something? She was wearing a red dress that brushed the floor as she walked towards me. Her aquamarine eyes looked everywhere but at me. I placed my hand on my chin and leaned back in my chair. This was going to be interesting. She took her seat in front of me and I stared down at her from my throne.

"Are you the last of them?"

She nodded her head slowly. I cursed under my breath and rolled my eyes. "I don't want to have to guess what you're saying. I'm pretty sure that you have a voice, so I suggest you use it." The last thing that I wanted to do was meet with another mute. I loved when my women were seen and not heard but I needed to know that I could communicate with her at least.

"I'm sorry, my king. Yes, I am the last of the women."

Her voice was soft and gentle. The words slipped past her pretty lips with ease. I could feel my wolf becoming excited.

EDEN

I was beyond nervous. I could feel my body trembling. Being this close to the king was unreal. I never thought that something like this would happen to me. I looked around the room and it surprised me that it was only me and him. I guess his guard stepped out to give us some privacy. I was happy because I didn't know what he was going to ask me. What if it was something personal? I didn't want anyone to know private things about me.

He cleared his throat and I looked up quickly. The last thing that I wanted to do was disrespect him.

"It seems that your attention is somewhere else. Do you care to enlighten me?"

I shook my head slowly, "oh... no, I'm sorry. My attention is completely yours."

He sat back on his throne and smiled. "I'm glad to hear that. So, let's start with your name and where you are from."

"My name is Eden Daughtler and I'm from Spring Village. It's not too far away from here. I grew up there with mom and my sister."

"Okay Eden, how old are you?"