FOR A QUEEN

I groaned and tried to open my eyes

I groaned and tried to open my eyes. Everything seemed blurry at first. When my eyes finally adjusted to the morning light, I looked around slowly. I was in an unfamiliar bedroom. It was a nice bedroom with a large window and elegant décor. I ran my hands against the sheets slowly, they were soft and silky.

"Good morning, how did you sleep?"

I sat up suddenly when I heard his voice. He was standing at the end of the bed, and he wasn't wearing a shirt. I backed away from him quickly and I could tell that he didn't like that. He grabbed my ankle and yanked me towards him roughly. I clawed at the sheets trying to get away from him.

He climbed on top of me and pinned my hands above my head. "Don't be scared darling. I won't hurt you if you do what I say. Now, why don't you be nice and greet an alpha like you should." He smiled eyeing me carefully.

I knew there was no point in fighting him and so I gave in. "Alpha Zero, good morning," I whispered.

He cupped my chin and licked his lips, "you're tempting me. But that will have to wait until later. Why were you away from your village? I want to know the truth."

I didn't know if I should continue to lie or tell him the truth. What were his plans with me? "I told you, I was meeting my brother."

He moved his hips forward and I gasped. "Don't lie to me."

"My husband and I ended things. So, I was going back home."

"Who is your husband?"

"His name is Tristian," I whispered almost too afraid to say it.

His eyes widened, "Tristian? You mean the king? So, you are the queen and Luna?"

I nodded my head slowly, "please let me go. What do you plan on doing to me?"

"I want to make you an offer. I can tell by the scar on your neck that you were human. He must have attacked you and turned you into one of us."

I was shocked that he knew that, but he could probably sense Alora. "What kind of offer?"

Our eyes met for a moment before he pressed his lips against mine. I slowly kissed back, and before I knew it, he was kissing my lips down to my neck. Biting, licking, and nibbling, it was driving me crazy as a moan escaped my lips. He made his way back up to my lips, kissing and biting my bottom lip. He reached for my shirt, and I stopped him, I stared into his eyes as he pulled away.

"I want you to be mine. Become my queen and stand by my side. You will be happy here and we can build our pack."

I was speechless. He wanted me to join them and become his mate but how? How would that work when I was married to Tristian. I was mated to him, and I was carrying his child. There was no way that I could be with another man. I didn't want to go back to Tristian, but I didn't want to be trapped here with another man either. I didn't know Zero and I didn't trust him.