W.O.M.A.N

Grace ran into my arms, and I hugged her tightly

Grace ran into my arms, and I hugged her tightly. She was getting so big, but it was nice to have her by my side. She was still very curious about what was going on, but I didn't know how to explain it to her. What should I tell her? She had made friends here and grew accustomed to her life here, but I couldn't let her stay with my mother. It would only be a matter of time before she started grooming her for a husband. I didn't want my sister to marry someone that she didn't want to. I wanted her to grow up and fall in love with some that she chose. It was the change that I was trying to make, and I would succeed.

"So, where are we going? Will mom be coming along?"

"No, she won't be. Grace, I need you to trust me, okay. I am going to build a better world for all of us. I don't want to be forced to do things that I don't want to do."

"Like marry a king."

I nodded my head slowly, "yea. I don't want you marrying someone that you don't love. I will protect you from that because that is my job. I know that it doesn't make sense right now, but it will."

She laughed and grabbed my hand, "I know what you mean. Little kids hear everything and besides I knew that you were unhappy. I don't want you to be unhappy so how can I help?"

I pulled her into a tight hug, "ugh I love you so much."

She laughed and struggled against me, "you've hugged me ten times already."

"I have plenty more where that came from."

She groaned and I smiled burying my face in her hair. I could feel the tears sliding down my cheeks and for once I didn't hide it. I held her and cried because it felt good. It felt good to finally show the emotions that I wanted to show all this time. I was able to protect my sister and that's what I wanted most. She meant the world to me, and I would sacrifice everything if that meant she was happy. There was still so much that I needed to talk to her about, but it could wait.

I walked into the courtyard and stood on the fountain

I walked into the courtyard and stood on the fountain. I wasn't sure what I was doing but I hoped that people would hear me. Not only hear me but I hoped that they agreed with me. I wanted things to be different and they would be under the rules of my pack. Zero called for everyone's attention asking for them to gather around. I waited patiently as everyone walked towards me. I knew that they were skeptical, and it was going to be hard trying to ask them to leave their king. Most of these people grew up here and this is the only home that they knew but I couldn't doubt myself.