PREPARE

The after-party was just what I needed to help me relax

The after-party was just what I needed to help me relax. I was still unhappy about being marked but I couldn't change it. My little sister ran into my arms, and I embraced her tightly. I could see the excitement in her eyes. She was happy to be here, and she enjoyed everything that they had to offer. The food table was full of all types of food and sweets. These were things that we only dreamed of when we were back home in our village. I wanted to provide for my sister. It was my responsibility, and I wouldn't fail, no matter what.

"This is so cool, Eden. Can I really eat as much as I want?"

I giggled, "yes."

She smiled, "I never would have thought that you would marry the Alpha. He's so cool! He told me that he would take me horseback riding. Can you believe it? I've never been on a horse ever. I'm looking forward to exploring the village more."

I laughed, "it seems you have my exploring spirit."

"I learned from the best."

I rolled my eyes, how old are you again."

She held up six fingers, "six."

"More like six going on sixteen."

She laughed, "I can't wait to grow up. Hopefully, I'll marry an alpha king just like you."

I stopped laughing and pulled her into a hug. I didn't even want to think about her being forced to do this. She struggled against me, and I smiled a little.

"Eden, you're crushing me," she gasped.

"Sorry, I mumbled pulling away. "I love you."

"I love you too. Is it okay if I go play with Jennie? I told her that I would be right back."

"Yes, go have fun. Be careful and I'll see you tomorrow."

I watched as she ran away leaving me standing there alone. My sister was so innocent, and she had no idea what her life would be.

"You want some cake?" I smiled turning around to face Elizabeth.

"Thank you," I smiled taking the plate from her and taking a huge bite out of the cake. I moaned in delight and laughed. Cake, something so simple but I barely had it. I looked at the river to see Zayn and Tristian talking and I wondered what they were talking about.

Elizabeth snapped her fingers, bringing me back to reality. "Are you nervous about tonight?"

I nodded my head slowly, "I don't know what to do. A part of me feels so nervous."

"It's okay to be nervous, Eden. It's your first time so you're going to feel that way."

"I feel angry that I have to give it to him. I have denied him so many times and now he is getting what he wants." I placed the plate down on a table nearby. I had suddenly lost my appetite.