ALPHA ZERO

I walked slowly through the woods, it was becoming darker and darker

I walked slowly through the woods, it was becoming darker and darker. I knew that I would have to find shelter somewhere so I could rest for the night. I ran my hands through my hair adjusting the backpack on my back. I couldn't take all my things with me, but I figured I wouldn't need them either. There was no point in slowing myself down with all the things that Tristian gave me. I closed my eyes leaning against a tree, I hope that my pack would forgive me for abandoning them. I knew that my mother would disown me the minute she heard about what happened. I knew that my sister would want to go with me, and I didn't want to see the pain in her eyes. So, I left without saying goodbye. My body was tired, and I had finally reached the border. I don't know how much time had passed but I was happy to know that I was making progress. I wanted to take a break, but I knew that I needed to get home. It would take me three days to get home on foot and that thought alone caused me to groan loudly. I wish that I had a carriage or a horse, this would be faster. Just as I was about to step across the borderline, Alora called my name.

"Stop, don't cross yet."

"Why? If we stop now, I will never make it home."

"It's not safe. There are about three rogues that are lurking around. They have been watching us for a minute."

I frowned, "rogues? What are they?"

"Rogues are werewolves that have run away or have been kicked out of their pack to live on their own in the wild. Usually, rogues run away because they do not like their Alpha or pack. They make their own rules, and they are dangerous.  There is a pack, and they are known as the Black Crescent Pack. They are known for kidnapping female wolves and forcing them to breed for their pack members."

There was still so much that I didn't know about being a person of two. I didn't want to put Alora in danger, but I didn't know what to do. I still didn't know how to transition if I needed her to fight off the wolves stalking us.

"What do we do?" I whispered.

"We have to get back to Tristian. There is no way that I can fight them alone. One of them is the alpha."