Chapter 26 - A Warning

The ice queen stalked down the corridor, her robes flapping behind her like a swirling green cloud. Her eyes were slits as she scowered the hallway for her prey. Her hawk like gaze landed on the red head. An almost invisible flick of her wand and antlers sprouted from the girls head. Wordlessly, Isabelle slid to the side of the corridor and bent over with the pretence of doing up her laces. She watched as chaos errupted.

The ginger girl let out an ungodly scream. Her hands shot to her head as her friends started to surround her. It didn't take long for a group to form around her, a mixture of laughter and shocked gasps coming from it. The girl stood in the center of the circle, swearing profoundly, a look of unforgettable horror on her face.

Isabelle bit her lip in amusement and just for the fun of it flicked her wand again. The girl let out another ungogly scream as her nose turned bright red. Isabelle smirked.

"Bit late for Christmas eh, Rudolph?" Someone shouted. A round of laughter shook the crowd.

At this point, Isabelle stood up, striaghtened her robes and set her eyes on the scene. Her head held high she marched towards the girl. The crowd parted almost instantly for her. Her name was known, respected and slightly feared.

"Alright! What's going on here?" She snapped as she reached the girl. "Who did this? What are you laughing for? This isn't a joke! This is bullying! No? No one's going to own up? You're cowards." The last word came out as a whisper. Her voice back to it's usual icy tone. She didn't need to shout anymore, she had their attention, the crowd was silent. "So, your just going to stand there and watch? How chiveralous of you. I'd expect nothing less though. I suggest you all clear off before I find out who did this. When I do, they will be knelt before me begging for my forgiveness as I slowly and painfully attach antlers to their head. Now go."

A sea of wide eyes stared at her, frozen in fear. Isabelle grinned inwardly, how she loved their fearful faces, how each and everyone of them was terrified she'd think it was them. Of course only she knew that she wouldn't turn on anyone, not today anyway, she'd caused the scene but oh how she loved it.

"What are you waiting for? Go!"

Collectively, they flinched. Slowly they started to move, terrified whispers spreading through them. Isabelle watched them go. Her plan was going smoothly. Eventually, she turned to the girl, her face was hidden by her red hair as she wept into her hands. She touched her gently on the shoulder. "Are you okay?"

"Of course she's not." Her friend answered for her. "Can't you see that?"

Isabelle turned to the girl's mouthy friend. "I don't recall asking you that question."

"Well she clearly couldn't answer could she."

"And if your lucky, if you're still stood here in a few minutes, you won't be able to either."

"What?"

"Why don't you go to class? Tell your professor that me and her have gone to Pomfrey to sort this out? Is that alright, foxy?"

"You can't tell me what to do. Your not a prefect."

"I am in my own right." Isabelle turned her back on her. "If your still here in 60 seconds, I will taking both you and her to the hospital wing."

The mouthy girl let out an indignant gasp but otherwise shot off down the corridor. Isabelle waited until the sound of her footsteps had faded before turning to the weeping girl. Gentle but forcefull, Isabelle prised the girls hands away from her freckled face and tilited it upward.

"Don't cry."She whispered, wipping her tears away. "Your safe now."

"Th-thank y-you." The girl hiccupped. "Th-that was a-awful."