Chapter 14 - Conformations

"Rose, we need to talk." With a jolt Rose realised that there was a numerous list of people those five words could belong to. However, she knew it was Sia just by the her voice and the way she said it.

Rose turned ariund and squinted up at Sia. She stood nervously, wringing her hands together as she bit down on her bottom lip. Rose smiled reassuringly and patted the grass besides her. "What's up?" Although she could guess.

Sia relaxed slightlyand sat down, tucking her skirt beneath her and folding her legs. When finally she was settled she looked towards Rose and opened her mouth but no words came out.

"If you've come to apologise, don't." Rose said before she could speak. "You don't need to, I'm the one that should be sorry. I am sorry."

Sia smirked. Something Rose didn't see her do much but always reminded her that Sia ways a Slytherin too. Somehow it reassured her. She sometimes forgot that because her friend was quiet and kind and smart it didn't mean she was porcelien and needed to be wrapped up all the time. She often forgot that she was a wicked ginius, with a sly streak and could find out or get just about anything. Infact, Rose suspected that if she wanted to, she could be even more deadly than Isabelle, but she didn't see that side of Sia often.

"That's good." Sia laughed. "I wasn't planing on it."

"Good."

"I think your right though." Sia murmured. "Maybe I am nice slightly too much. I just don't know how to say no."

Rose grinned, although she felt more like wincing, hearing Sia say that made guilt churn in her stomach. "I'll have to teach you."

"OK. But moving on to you. I'm Sorry, I read your letter, I should have stopped Indie. But if anything does happen with your parents, I'll - err- what is it Isabelle says?" She paused. "Kick their asses."

Rose laughed and pattered her on the back. "Thanks, but I intend to deal with it in a calm matter if anything should arise." Her face becoming serious she continued. "Don't worry about the letter, I doubt you had much choice in the matter. We both know what Indie's like. Besides it saved me telling you about it."

Sia managed a weak smile, then it disappeared. "Indie says to tell you she isn't speaking to you."

"Oh." Rose managed to say. She turned to look at the water. She watched the ripples as she digested the information. It was nothing she hadn't expected, but to hear it said aloud. She felt as though someone had punched her. Indie, the person who'd been by her side right since the first day of Hogwarts, who'd helped her up after every fall, an extremely annoying light at the end of a tunnel, the person who'd held grudges with her but now held one against her.

"I'm sorry."

"It's fine." Rose brushed it aside and stood up. She began kicking a stone as she wandered around the edge of the lake until it tumbled in with a soft plop.

Sia followed behind her, watching her to make sure she was okay, until finally, Rose stopped. She straightened up, seeming to gain 2 inches in height as shoulders uncurled. She turned to look at Sia, her eyes remaining on the water until the last possible minute. She sent her a shaky smile.

"Okay, umm... Rose." Sia began. "We need to talk about your quidditch."

"I'm not doing it."

"It would be a shame to waste all that talent." Sia said, slyly, a gilnt in her eye that Rose didn't pick up.

"I can't -"

"You mustn't blame yourself, remember. You promised Scorpius."

"Oh, oh yeah. Besides, I think he's a bit cool with me."