Insanity, Come Forth

The fire settled and all that was left was the dust of the mountain.

The crimson glow of Tommy's pupils shone through as he charged immediately and hit XD head on.
Tears were pouring furiously out of his eyes.

His grief pounded through him as it blended with the adrenaline of survival.

A flick of his finger and fire sprouted from the oxygen around him, flickering madly as he blindly pushed Techno back with the flames.

He was bartering with his own mind as he stomped his way through the fight, the glow of the amber around his neck glimmering.

"You killed her..." he breathed at first, mumbling the sentence.

"In cold blood, YOU MURDERED HER!"
He yelled and charged once more.

Bloodshed began to gush into his own head and he could care less about the world around him.

He felt his own hindsight of reality fade away, the transparent mirror of the world blinding him.
The fog of rampage was beginning to settle in and he could barely rest.

The jewel XD held was dropped beside the feet of none other than a badly injured Techno.

He had been drifting in and out of consciousness, the world dimming then brightening up once again.

Blood seeped from his flesh at an alarming rate as his hands caressed the wound from the blade.

A bit confused about how that suddenly appeared huh?
How did Techno get injured so badly?

Let's rewind a bit shall we....

When the flames had built themselves around Tommy, Techno was originally watching helplessly.

Dream was holding the gem high and proud, the jewel gleaming brightly as the fire continued to swarm around his brother. Brother.

He thought of Tommy like family.

He was his brother, whether he had royal blood or not.

So, Techno ambushed Dream, knocking the amber from his hand and onto the floor.

As he battled it out with the god, he could hear many noises of distress emerging from the flames, a pit in his stomach beginning to form.

It grew deeper as the cries of pain increased in volume and amount.
Eventually, he could see a ray of lights form.

As he realized they were building up pressure, he stepped back from his battle with Dream and ducked down, avoiding the blast of light.

Recovering from the sudden energy spike, he immediately began directing his words towards the tornado of blazing heat.

"TOMMY!"

There  was no response however the amber on the ground still glowed.

"YOU NEED TO LISTEN TO MY VOICE!"

He called out once again. He listened closely, praying for any sort of sound.

That's when he heard the pained grunt emit from his enemy. A

strange eerie glow surrounded Dream and he was gripping his skull, like his entire body burning.
That's when he noticed the embedded glass shards in his skin.

It was as if...

Drista...

He felt a strange pain emerge from his stomach and his eyes shifted there gaze towards it.

That's when he noticed a grimacing smile behind him and a bloody blade.

He let out a grunt of pain, his fingers beginning to be coated with the red substance. Despite the pain, he yelled out once again.

"TOMMY! DRISTA POURED A POTION ON HIM AND I BELIEVE IT'S SEPARATING XD AND DREAM! WE NEED TO TRY AND ENCOURAGE IT!"

Realizing soon after that Tommy might be in a state of confusion, he also quickly added,

"DREAMS POSSESSED TOMMY, BY A GOD NAMED XD!"

There was a pause and the fire began to die down, Techno knowing he had gotten through to Tommy.

Tommy continued to fight XD, bleeding and burning as he sought victory.

His whole vision was impure red, the satisfactory of death in his mind.

"Die....die.....die....die.....die...."

He mumbled over and over again, not true meaning behind it.
He couldn't tell if he was acting out of pure pleasure or greed.

They do say that old habits are hard to kick.

Just die.

———————————————-

Hello my dear cheese and chicken burgers!!!

I apologize for such a short chapter again but school really has dented me I tell ya!

Now, here's what's gonna happen and my plans for this story.

Sadly we are drawing near the end of the book and I want to give a grand ending so, the chapters are shorter by...a lot.

I really do appreciate all of you, you're support, comments, votes, and the chance you gave me. You decided to read this book and I am truly grateful that you opened the pages of it, or I guess the tab since it is digital.

I am truly honored to be your writer and I hope you enjoy the content I have given to this story to satisfy and entertain you all!

Remember, drink plenty of water, eat three meals a day, and get a goodnights sleep.

Unless you wanna stay up ;)