The Truth's Pain

Drista stood in front of Philza, guards both cautious on either side. They were scared, they let it show too well. She stepped forward, looking back at Purpled. 

He stayed where he stood, anxious of the situation to come. 

Drista walked up the steps to the chair, her eyes like blank slates. You wouldn't know what she was feeling at these few moments. Phil looked at Drista, concerned, Wilbur and Puffy arriving next to the Purpled, unaware of the tension.

 "Hey you guys are back!" He beamed, only for his smile to droop a bit as Drista's head turned a bit.

 "King Philza. Prince Wilbur. I wish to speak to you, and Puffy, Purpled, and Sam alone. No guards, no maids, no butlers. No one else." She requested, seeing some of knights shift uncomfortably.

 "Very well, everyone, please leave the room." He announced, the the extra people all hesitantly obeying his command. Soon it was only them that remained, a bit weary of Drista as she stepped forward. 

"You can call me Phil Drista, No need to address me so-"

 "Your Highness, we have a bit of a situation." She interrupted, surprising him a bit from her serious, deaf tone. 

"Drista, if its about what happened today, I'm-"

 "Save your damn excuses for later and no, its actually been going on for a little bit." 

She snapped, Purpled nodding silently and bowing his head in shame. She brought her attention back to the king. 

"A trap is being set...not for us though...There's some kind of mousetrap within the...volcano..." She struggled at her words a bit, fighting back all of the emotions going in her head. Phil listened, noticing her sudden change in both mood and attitude.

 "A trap? What do you mean trap?" Wilbur blurted out, Drista turning around to face him. 

"Tell me Wilbur, how exactly does a mousetrap work?" 

He could tell, she was trying to open his eyes, hinting at the answer that stood right in front of him. 

"Well, its a contraption thats kills rodents. It first baits it in by using cheese, then when the mouse triggers a certain part of the machine, it snaps done on the critter, Killing....it.." 

He paused for a bit and Drista saw the realization click in his mind. 

"Dream's using Techno as bait to lure us in and finish us off...." he gasped.

 "Well, not exactly...I don't believe that the mousetrap is specifically designed for us..." 

she corrected, the others slowly nodding. 

"I don't know who though...maybe it is meant for us after all but...Bah! I don't know!" she exclaimed, knocking on her head to think.

 "I'm sorry I didn't tell you sooner I just-" Phil interrupted her, standing up from his throne and placing his hand on her shoulder.

 "Its okay, Thank you though...for eventually trusting and telling me," he replied, surprising her a bit. 

What....he's not...he's not mad? 

She was sure he would be furious. She was sure all of them would be furious. Why were they grateful? Why weren't they mad?

 "What?" she didn't understand.

 "You should be mad! You should be fuming? Why aren't you mad?!" Phil softly chuckled. 

"I 'should' be, but I'm not. Is there a problem?" he asked.