Custody battle

This chapter takes place almost 2 months after the last one

A lot of big things had happened since Robby had agreed to help Tory get custody of Brandon the biggest thing was that Robby had officially moved in with Tory, under normal circumstances it would be too early to move in with each other but Robby and Tory had to grow up quicker than other kids and this was no different they knew living together would help them in their attempt to adopt Brandon. In that time Tory's mom's funeral had taken place it was obviously a horrific day for Tory and Brandon but thanks to Robby and the other Miyagi Fang's support they were able to get through the day.

After the funeral social services became involved immediately, Tory was terrified that they would take Brandon away however because Tory was almost 18 and Robby already was 18 social services allowed Brandon to live with them until Tory was 18 and they could officially get custody obviously there were rules they had to follow so the arrangement could be agreed one of them was that every week they would get 3 visits from a welfare office who would come to make sure the living conditions were suitable for Brandon. Everything was going great for the first few weeks and the welfare officer was very impressed with how mature Robby and Tory were but one day they found out that Tory's aunt Kandace had applied for custody, Tory was pissed off when she found this out because she knew her aunt Kandace didn't really want to look after Brandon she only wanted him so she could destroy whatever was left of her family.

On Tory's 18 birthday Robby tried to make it a big deal but Tory really wasn't interested in celebrating she was to occupied with getting custody of Brandon so rather than having a party Tory and Robby decided that they would redecorate the apartment they didn't completely redesign but a fresh coat of pain and some new furniture really made the apartment look more inviting. The only room they didn't change was Tory's moms room no one had been in that room since she passed away tory couldn't face it yet but she knew she would eventually have to face it. The biggest problem that Robby and Tory faced right now was that Kandace was making a good case to get custody of Brandon, she had hired a lawyer who was using both Robby and Tory's criminal records against them, robby and Tory also got a lawyer thanks to the Larusso's Daniel and Amanda had even agreed to pay for the lawyer to help them out.

Over the next few weeks Robby and Tory spent most of their time with Daniel's lawyer he was trying to prepare them for everything that would be thrown at them in court like their criminal records and their age, the lawyer felt it was important to show how far they had come since the school fight so possibly having Sam and Miguel give good character references could help them massively, the next day Robby and Tory did exactly what the lawyer told them and invited Sam and Miguel over to the apartment so they could ask for their help, after everything that had happened between them sam and Miguel knew that they had to help because both of them had been through so much already and now they had their lives on track and if they lost Brandon then it could really set them back especially Tory.

A few more weeks had past and it was now the first day that Robby and Tory would attend court to fight for the custody of Brandon. Tory was extremely nervous she didn't want to mess up anything so she woke up really early so she could pick out an outfit that made her look professional but robby was there like always to comfort her he reminded her that the most important thing was that they proved this was the best place for Brandon to live because he would be loved and safe and thanks to the regular visits from the welfare officer they had proved that they were more than capable of providing that. The first day in court wasn't easy for tory because every time she saw her aunt Kandace's face she wanted to walk over and beat the shit out of her for trying to ruin their lives.

Over the next week and a half Robby and Tory fought their case in court and thanks to the Larusso's lawyer they were able to prove that they had a future planned thanks to them both having good jobs and Robby owing a percentage of cobra Kai which is something he and his plan to reopen in the next few months they also proved that they had changed their lives since the school fight which caused Robby to go to juvie thanks to personal statements from Sam and Miguel about how they have become friends with Robby and Tory. No matter what they told the court robby and Tory's biggest statement was that Brandon was happy with them and they loved him and could guarantee that he would be protected and have a stable home which was really important after losing their mom at such a young age and having him taken away from 2 people he trust could affect him and his future.

Later that night when Robby and Tory were in bed robby was woken up by Tory who couldn't sleep she was to nervous because tomorrow the biggest decision of her brothers life was going to be made, tory was terrified that they would lose and she knew her aunt Kandace would never let her see Brandon. Robby did his best to reassure her but nothing would work because I'm a few hours their lives would be about to change for better or worse.

The next day at court Tory was so nervous she thought she was going to throw up and no matter who told her everything would be ok she wouldn't be until she got the news. It felt like forever for them to get into the courtroom and when the judge began to talk Tory wanted to just tell him to get on with it because she didn't know how much longer she could take this. The judge talked about how this was a huge decision because it was about the future of a young child who had just lost his mother but after hearing both sides cases he believes it would be better for the child to remain with his sister and her boyfriend. When Tory heard those words she almost fell to her knees but she caught by Robby who gave her a giant hug. The judge continued by saying that the reasoning for his decision was it was obvious how much Brandon loved his sister and he agreed it was vital he remained with the person who has looked after him his entire life.

After court Robby and Tory got a ride from johnny back to his apartment because carmen was looking after Brandon but when they arrived johnny took them to his apartment where they found Brandon, carmen, Miguel and the Larusso's, they decided to throw a celebration party for them robby and tory were obviously grateful for the surprise but they weren't really interested in a party but they did stay for a while just to say thank you.

When Robby, Tory and Brandon got home Robby and Tory sat Brandon down so they could explain to what had actually happened and how he didn't have to worry about getting taken away anymore, Brandon was obviously so happy but since he was young he didn't want to talk for long so he decided to go and play with his toys. When Brandon was gone Tory immediately fell into Robby's arms for a long hug because after everything that had happened the last couple of months all Tory wanted to do was relax with her boyfriend, robby kissed her forehead and tells her that now all the drama is over they can finally move on with their lives, at that moment tory was so happy obviously she missed her mom like crazy but for now she just wanted to forget about other problems and just have some time alone with Robby.