Family

This chapter takes place 3 months after the last one

Today was the 28th of January and this meant it only 1 week until Robby's 18 birthday. A couple of weeks ago tory found out that Robby hadn't celebrated his birthday since he was 6 since his dad was never around and his mom was usually drunk, after hearing this tory wanted to make sure that Robby's 18th birthday would be the best birthday he's ever had so for the last 2 weeks tory started planning a surprise party for Robby with help from Sam and Miguel. The plan was to have the party at the Larusso's house, Tory wanted this party to be perfect and for nothing to ruin it so they were only inviting students from Miyagi fang.

Robby had noticed that everyone had been acting strangely over the last couple of days but he didn't have any reason to be suspicious of Tory because he trusted her so he assumed she was just tired from work, training and looking after her mom and Brandon. Robby had also been busy over the last few weeks after finding out he now owned 25 percent of cobra Kai Robby and his dad began to make plan to relaunch the new cobra Kai, they knew it wouldn't be easy after the damage done by Terry Silver. Johnny wanted to wait until Robby, Miguel, Sam and the others were done with Karate before he opened the new dojo so it meant that the valley has enough time to get over Silver's cheating. Reopening Cobra Kai wasn't the only thing Robby was busy with, a few weeks ago Robby got a job at a local gym because he was still 17 he could only work at reception or help clean but when he turned 18 he would be able to train as an instructor.

A couple of days later while Tory was working at Larusso auto she noticed Johnny and Shannon talking to Daniel and Amanda, all of a sudden all 4 of them went outside and Tory noticed they were going to look at second hand cars so she decided follow them to see if it had anything to do with Robby's birthday present. As Tory got closer to them she could hear them talking about prices. Tory jumped in and asked if they were getting Robby a car, Johnny and Shannon knew they could fool Tory now so they told her that they want to make up for the last 17 years, tory was so excited she knew that Robby was going to love it, Johnny could tell Tory was excited so he told her that she had to remember to keep it a secret. During all the excitement Tory realised that she hadn't got Robby a present yet.

After work tory rushed to the mall to buy Robby a present, the reason she wanted to get it was so it was meaningful and not a last minute purchase the only problem was tory had no idea what to get him. Tory searched store after store until she finally found the perfect gift it was a new pair of headphones, Robby already had headphones but he had them for years and maybe it was time for a new pair.

When Tory got home she could hear her mom's nurse yelling her name out loud but she sounded like she was panicking so Tory ran into her mom's room to see what was wrong. Tory was devastated when she saw that her mom was barley conscious, Tory rushed to her mom's side to try and wake her up but it wasn't working , nurse Stevens told Tory that she called an ambulance 5 minutes ago so she would go and wait for it to arrive. As they waited for the ambulance to arrive tory held her moms hand and told her she would be ok but deep down tory knew that wasn't true.

At the hospital Tory waited and waited for anyone to tell her something but every doctor she saw walked past her without even acknowledging her. Tory had text Robby to tell him where she was at the time robby was out with Brandon so she asked him to bring him to the hospital just incase things went bad quickly. When Robby and Brandon arrived the hospital robby saw Tory talking to a doctor so he distracted Brandon so they didn't interrupt, robby didn't need to hear what was said because he could tell by Tory's reaction that things weren't good. After Tory had finished talking to the doctor she noticed Robby and Brandon and without any hesitation she ran towards them and hugged Brandon, robby could see tears running down Tory's face and that confirmed that tonight was the night Tory had been dreading since her mom got sick.

2 hours later after Tory had broken the news to Brandon the two of them were sat in the room with their mom while Robby waited outside so they could have some privacy. Brandon was only 10 so he didn't fully understand what was going to happen right now but Tory knew that the next few weeks would be the toughest of both of their lives. It had been over an hour since Robby had an update but when Tory did finally come out of the room she told him that it had happened and she was gone, Robby tried to hug Tory but she didn't let him she didn't want to fall apart in front of Brandon because she felt like she had to be the strong one.

Robby, Tory and Brandon finally got back to the apartment at 12am robby was carrying Brandon who was fast asleep so tory took him from Robby and carried him to bed. When Tory came back she could hold back anymore and she began to cry Robby quickly comforted her by hugging her tightly, Robby wished he could say something to help her but he knew there was nothing he could say so he just held her and stroked her hair. Robby eventually guided tory to the couch and sat her down as Robby was comforting her Tory looked up at Robby told him that now her mom was gone things would get harder because she would have to focus on getting custody of Brandon, robby looked at Tory as if she was crazy, he put his hand on her face and promised her that he wasn't going anywhere because he loved her and Brandon and he was going to make sure he helped her get custody of Brandon. Tory always knew that Robby was a great boyfriend but tonight he proved that he was the love of her life and Tory knew she never wanted to lose him.

1 week later
Today was the 4th of February and that meant it was Robby's birthday although he didn't really care because Tory had been stuck inside since her mom died, robby understood why but he wished he could do something to make it better. Robby had been staying with Tory all week so he could look after her and Brandon, today when Robby had made lunch from Brandon he gave Robby a a birthday card, when Robby opened the card he noticed it was one he made himself on the front Brandon had drawn a picture of the two of them with Tory and his mom at the bottom of the card he had wrote my family. The card made Robby really emotional and it made him realise how important it was that they custody of Brandon.

A few hours later Johnny and Shannon came to the apartment so they could give Robby his new car. Robby was so grateful and he didn't care it was a second hand car and not an expensive sports car because the gesture showed how far his mom and dad had come over the last 10 years. Robby, Johnny and Shannon were able to share a nice family moment on their son's 18 birthday, robby also found out about the party Tory had planned but he told them he wouldn't be there because Tory was still so upset and he couldn't leave her. When Robby came back inside Tory was finally out of her room she had come out to give Robby his present, robby kissed Tory to thank her he also told her he knew about the party and he loved her for caring about him so much, before Tory could tell Robby how much she loved him robby interrupted her because he wanted to tell her, robby showed tory the card that Brandon made him he then told her from now on they are going to put everything into getting custody of Brandon, tory asked what he had planned , robby told her that when she turns 18 in 2 months they would both legally be able to get custody and they can show they have the finances because they both have jobs and now that he has a car they would be able to take Brandon to appointments or anywhere else he needed, Tory couldn't believe how much detail robby had gone into but she couldn't be happier because it showed how much robby loved her and wanted to help her. Robby and Tory both knew things weren't going to be easy but Robby promised he wasn't going to let their little family be split up because he loved both of them too much to let that happen.