Chapter 69~ Last chapter!

~Jasmine

I stared into a pair of large dark orbs, plum cupid half bowed lips coated with a layer of dark red lipstick. Full cheeks were covered with blush, a bright pink color overtaking their skin.

"You look absolutely gorgeous Jasmine" Penelope gushed, smiling at me through my reflection. I sighed, rubbing my clammy palms together, looking myself over in the mirror. She walked forward, placing her head comfortingly on my shoulder. "You okay?" She asked, worry lacing her features.

"Yeah" I answered, playing with my freshly pedicured nails. "I just-" I started, letting out a heavy sigh. "I'm scared" I finished, gazing at her beautiful face.

Penelope smiled, turning my chair around so I could face her, "They're just pre wedding jitters honey" she assured.

Penelope was the sweetest person I had ever met. I was the most excited person in the world when Uncle Tom introduced me to his long time girlfriend. Few weeks ago Damon and I had gone on a double date with them and when I say they were the sweetest couple I meant every word. She was sweet, considerate, understanding and the best person I could ever imagine for my uncle. I honestly think I loved her more than my uncle did. She didn't mind uncle's line of work nor the fact he was hardly ever around, she didn't mind, all she wanted was to be with him and I admired her for her commitment.

"Are you worried?" She inquired, her words meaning more than they let on.

I shook my head without hesitation, "No of course not, I know Damon is the one and I love him and I want to marry him"

"But?"

"But I'm scared," I whispered. "What if he doesn't like my dress o-or I trip on my way down the alter-"

"That's not happening" a voice interjected. I turned my head to the doorway as uncle Tom walked in, dropping a kiss on Penelope's cheek. They looked so adorable wearing the same colour. "Hey champ" he cooed, squatting down to my level as much as his maroon three piece suit would allow him"

He took my hand in his, bringing them to his lips to place affectionate kisses on my knuckles. "I won't let you fall okay?" He assured, his eyes boring into mine with a look of certainty. "You look so beautiful my dear. Just like a princess" he smiled, tears welled up in his eyes as he caressed my cheek with his thumb. "I always wanted to see your mom in a wedding dress but I was never able to," he sniffled. Penelope took that as a sign to leave, not before placing a kiss on his cheek. "At least I could walk you down the aisle and fulfill my responsibility" he smiled, blinking away his tears

I willed myself not to cry. I didn't want to spoil Penelope's hard work.

"I promise I won't let you fall, okay?" I nodded frantically, sniffling as I giggled. "Now there's a certain groom waiting anxiously at the alter. He looks like he's about to pee his pants if you ask me" I scrunched up my nose, shaking my head at the thought of my Damon being as nervous as I was about this.

I sucked it up, taking Uncle's hands I let him pull me to my feet. Hand in hand we walked down the hallway to the grand double doors. The only things that stood between me and the next chapter of my life. I looked over at my uncle, a reassuring smile plastered across his face. He gently squeezed my hand and the doors were pulled open.

Anxiously I walked down the long path, the hundreds of eyes boring holes into my dress, making me feel exposed. The soft music started playing, tears Welling in my eyes at the memories behind it. My gaze flickered to meet the pair of mesmerizing emerald green eyes I had fallen in love with. His eyes softened, their dark orbs taking in my form. I could see a mix of love,pride, satisfaction and an unquenchable desire in his eyes. Everywhere looked absolutely breathtaking, the white flowers and soft curtains that hung from the walls matched with my white Floral print gown. Their long entrails flowed behind me as I walked.