~Chapter 59

Jasmine

Pushing myself into a sitting position was futile as I choked, coughing profusely till I filled my mouth with saliva and spat it out, blood coming out as well.
I had no idea how long I'd been here but I could feel myself growing weaker. The air smelt like blood, dead bodies and what I can only pray was rotten eggs. My nose felt like it was on fire, my sense of smell deteriorating with speed.

My body felt numb and so was my heart. I hadn't seen Damon for what felt like decades to me. I missed him, I missed his scent, the feel of his baggy clothes that were three sizes too big for me. I couldn't cry, I had long run out of tears. I remember the night I got here I cried till I couldn't and then passed out. It was like that till I felt nothing but self loath and pity for myself. I didn't even flinch when I was whipped anymore. It was something I'd gotten used to and no matter how scarred and ugly I knew my body was I didn't care. My will to live was gone, it would be stupid to think I'd ever get to see Damon again so I had nothing left to look forward to, I had to keep him alive and the only way to do that would be to stay away, as long as he was safe then I would be content with whatever torture or condition I'm put in.

That was the funny thing about hope. Once you have it and it's taken away from you, it goes with every other thing and leaves you feeling numb and empty because you were dumb enough to have it. It was a cruel lesson I had to experience first hand. I asked myself why it had to be me, why it couldn't be someone else but then again I knew the answer, it was because of him. No matter how far or where I ran to I could never escape him, he was like my shadow because deep down he was part of me, he was my demons and whether I'd like to accept it or not it was my fate. To be nothing but his prisoner.

The heavy metal door was pushed open, making a screeching noise that made my ears bleed at the high pitched assault. I shut my eyes tight, hoping for whoever it was to leave me to my misery or better come to end it and let me go meet mom and tell her how sorry I was for letting all that happen. I was sorry, I'll always be.

I felt myself being lifted off the ground and I didn't flinch even when my deep open wounds were touched. I just stayed still as I was thrown over someone's shoulder, my weak form dangling as I stared at the floors, not even the urge to look up or ask where I was being taken came to me. I just wanted to be put out of my misery. I was already dead on the inside and emotionally so why not finish the job.

I was dropped real gracefully onto the ground. Note my sarcasm. My body ached as I just lay, looking up at the ceiling. I was kicked on the ribs to sit up, the pain soaring through me as I winced, obliging, they felt broken.
I sat up with much difficulty but I had to rest my back against the wall to be able to keep myself up in the position.

"Now my love, don't give me that look. I have great news for you" he cheered walking to me and kneeling in front of me, pressing my cheeks together with his thumb and four fingers on each cheeks as he raised my head to meet him. "You look so much like her it's repulsive" he spat and I winced at his dark tone. "It's a very big surprise" he gave me a toothy smile making me flinch at the gold colour of his teeth.

"Come in Sir" he announced and a man walked in. He had grey hair, dirty skin and a cigarette in his mouth. I scrunched up my nose at the smell of alcohol wafting through the air.
"Mr Vince this is her '' he gestured towards me and the man pulled down his dark glasses allowing his eyes travel down my barely dressed form. His eyes were red and it told me he was a drug addict meaning he was one of my sperm donor's close associates.

"She'll definitely go in one bidding, no mater the price" he smirked, playing with the cigarette pipe in his mouth. My eyes widened in realisation at the words bidding. They were going to s-sell me?

"So there's no problem there then, take her off my hands" he dismisses, waving me off

Everywhere became dark as a bag was thrown over my head, blocking my vision. I grunted as I felt myself being lifted by a strong pair of hands, my ribs cracking with the pressure, telling me it was definitely broken. At least I was left to hope my new owners would do the job and finish me off.

Destiny was playing such a cruel game with me just like mother was sold to my sperm donor I would probably be sold as a sex slave. I almost gagged at the thought but then again I could just have myself poisoned when I get there so it would all be over soon.

I felt myself being thrown into a trunk of something and I groaned as my body hit the hard surface. I tried to stay as still as I possibly could, my body ached, every muscle throbbed with unimagenable pain. I felt the ground underneath me begin to shake and rumble. I could only believe we were in a vehicle, to where? was what I didn't know and dreaded.
If I was indeed being sold then I had to prepare myself to be transferred into the hands of another devil. I could do nothing but pity my faith, a traitorous tear dribbling down my cheek at the thought of what Damon would have gone through after not finding me for so long.

"Good morning, coming to you live from the station we bring to you the morning news on the 14th December 2020" the radio spoke and my eyes went wide. I had been gone for over a year. My stomach clenched thinking of how worried everyone would have been for the past months.

I shut my eyes tight as we stopped moving, my body being lifted off the ground. Before I could register what was happening I was thrown over someone's shoulder, I almost gagged at the force exerted on my abdomen. I didn't have anything in my stomach, I had been starving for days on end only given a bottle of water every two days. How I survived I had no idea but I didn't survive to be treated like shit.

I winced when I was thrown down, my rib paying the price. I heard a metal door being pushed closed and I knew I was in yet another cellar. With much difficulty, muscle exertion from my side I pulled away the bag on my head and gasped for air, choking from the speed I used. I let my eyes adjust to my environment and when it did my heart dropped. I was in a dark cellar, I couldn't even see the walls, nothing. I hated the dark, absolutely detested it and now I was to stay here for only god knows how long. I tried to calm my racing heart and control my erratic breaths but it was futile, my chest tightened and I gasped for air, tears pricking my eyes, rolling down my cheeks. My vision became blurred and I felt darkness overtake me as I passed out.

a/n;  thanks for the patience!
Love y'all and I'll be back with more soon

Don't murder me please ❤
Lots of love! ♡