~Chapter 22

Jasmine

I sigh for the hundredth time since I decided to attempt doing my own makeup.

I could just go with my signature natural look, but for a party with the highest dignitaries in the city, I most certainly would look like a mut that lost her way and just happened to wind up beside the richest of the richest and sexiest- I mean most successful Damon.

I deflate back into my vanity chair as I look over my disastrous attempt at make up.
Sure I could do simple beginners makeup that only consisted of eyeliner, mascara, lip gloss and a toner, but this!
This!
Was too much!
Hell I don't even know what they call that, that damn stuff that is supposed to be smoothed out on your face!

I'm such a mess...
I pick up my phone for the umpteenth time to call Damon to cancel

There was no way I would make it to this party without making an absolute fool of myself.
Just then the ding dong of my house bell came interrupting my dialing.

I direct my gaze to the top of my phone screen to see the time read 7:45pm
Who the hell could it be by this time?

I drop my phone and walk down to the door, my footsteps quiet and subtle. For all I knew it could be a kidnapper.
I fist the kitchen spoon I swiped from the counter in my hands, holding it so tightly that by one swing the poor soul standing behind that door will sleep for a long time.

I tiptoe to the door, fear creeping into my spine at the thought...
Could it be... . Him?
No, no, no
There's no way he'd found me
Uncle Tom promised to find him before he found me!
No!

I stretch out my shaky hands and settle them down on the handle.
The handle rattled with the vibration my entire body was giving off.

I pull the door open and raise the kitchen spoon above my head, ready to swing when an ear splitting scream made my eyes snap open.
There Richelle was, curled up in a ball on the floor, her hands up in defense

"It's me!
It's me! " she yelled frantically

"Oh my gosh Richelle"
I let out a breath of relief, lowering my weapon.
I guess our family reunion would have to happen another day.

"I'm sorry, i-i thought you were a k-kidnapper"
I just had to stutter, shitty nerves

"It's okay.
It's good to be alert" she laughed awkwardly.
I help her get to her feet and notice the bags she's carrying in her hands.

"What's all this?"

I ask with furrowed eyebrows as Richelle walks into my apartment with hands filled with....shopping bags!?
In total there were about five bags in each of her hands.
Okay what the actual hell!?

"Come and find out!
Don't just stand there with the door open! This time an actual kidnapper could come in" her voice fades as she walks further up.

I smile at her antics as I shut the door and make a beeline up the stairs.

I watch in awe as she lays all the bags down on my bed, bringing out designer dresses one after the other, she hangs them on any and everywhere as she eyes them, judgement clear in her scrutinizing gaze.

"What th-"

A hand in my face cuts me off and I watch as she brings a beautiful and very expensive looking white lace silk evening gown to my body.

She places it against my body, changing angles every two seconds.
I didn't even get enough time to admire the feel of the soft silk material against my skin before she ripped it off me and went for another one.