~Chapter 18

Jasmine

I sigh heavily, rewriting a few documents I had to send to Damon.
It was shocking how many documents needed re proofing.

Damned people left all the work for me to do...

I groan as I hit the save button, deflating back in my seat.
The party was in the next few days, conveniently on a Saturday.
That definitely helped, the only day out of the freaking hectic week I had to rest and take a well deserved breather.

I shake my head, getting myself concentrated once more.

I pull out my personal laptop.
Yes I never thought I would be able to say those words...

"My personal laptop"

I didn't think it was needed until now, but being provided with a laptop just because...
Was a good reason.
Now it made everything easier for me.

I type in my password and open my account details.
"Let's see how much I have"

I hadn't paid my electricity bill, water bill, WiFi bill and many others in months.
They were all well over due, I just hoped I had enough to pay at least half of em and still have enough to get myself some well needed essentials.

I felt my eyes pop out of their sockets at the amount I found written in bold words where the amount of money in my account was "supposed to be"-

No freaking way!

$1,000, 000

That was the biggest amount of money I had ever seen in my account before!
Surely I would have gotten much more from my rich Uncle but I always declined his money, saying I could work for myself and get my own riches

But gosh!
This was the largest amount I had ever earned.

Then suddenly something clicked, there was no freaking way!
I open my second bank account to see an even more outrageous amount sitted there.

"There is no freaking way Damon knew about my second account!!"
How did he even-

I was brought out of my ranting by the familiar sound of my ringtone.

"Richelle?"
I speak, holding the phone to my ear.

"Jasmine, there is a big poblem!"
She exclaims from the other line, her breathing heavy as she speaks hastily.

"What happened?"
I ask, automatically sitting straight, my shoulders tensed.

"You know our top client?"

Strange question

"Yes, Mr Stone, 65 years old, Irish man. Why are you asking!? "
I panick, getting into the situation.
Anything that had to do with him was definitely something to panick about.

He was Black Empire's top client.
We handled his finance and he brought in the largest numbers that almost broke our scales. He is even our oldest client,  having been closest friend's with M.r Dick Black, Damon's late father. God bless his soul.
They were really close but since he died we haven't kept in much contact other than business related ones of course.
But why was Richelle bringing him up

"Well, he is here!
And he wants to see Damon!
He seems upset! I need you to get Damon ready and to the lounge courtiers in 15!
I'll stall him as long as I can, but hurry! "

My heart drops to my ankles

There was a bip and the call cuts.
I stare at the screen of my phone for a few seconds, panick rising in me.
I shoot up, running out of my office straight for Damon's.

Pushing his door open, my eyes meet a pair of emerald green irises staring at me from across the room.
He raises a brow at me as I stand there, calculating.

"Tesor-"

I cut him short, stalking towards him with hasty steps.
He gets up remotely with a crease between his eyebrows.

I place my note pad and tablet down on his table.
I spot his blazer hung on the back of his leather seat. I reach for it and hastily help him get into it.
He stays quiet but I could feel his questioning gaze on me as I move hastily around his office, panicking.

I reach for his loose tie that hung around his neck, undone.

"You're number one client Mr Stone is on his way in the next 10-8 minutes. He is a  little upset and I don't need to tell you how sensitive he gets.
Don't upset him or make him feel awkward.
For the good of everything try to smile a little"

I fiddle with his tie, my eyes not leaving what I was doing.
I knott it properly, dropping it back unto his shirt. My fingers momentarily brush his broad chest and I could have sworn I felt a tingle in my finger tips.

I brushed away the feeling and proceeded to straighten out his suit, dusting out his broad shoulders I proceed to pull the rims of his suit jacket together to finish the look