~Chapter 28

Jasmine

"I see you're awake tesoro.
I hope you didn't have any issues"

"Why am I here?" I cut to the chase, not ready to beat around the bush. "And... in.. Your clothes?"
I look away from his gaze, not willing to see that twinkling look they held.

He looked like a devilishly hot being out of this world under the dim lights that illuminated his desk.

I gulped down hard, trying to control whatever cotton feeling I had in my mouth.

"Tesoro, we can talk about this later, for now go and eat something and get some rest" he diverted, totally ignoring the other things I asked.

"Plus, I think you look rather nice in my clothes, wouldn't you agree? '' he added, I wiped my head up to see the playful smirk dancing at his lips.

The way he eyed me up made my face flush and my mouth go dry all at once.

Stay focused Jasmine

Stay focused!

"I prefer being in my clothes, thank you" I deadpan "now why am I here?"
I wasn't matching his playful tone in the slightest, I tried to hold an unwavering stoic look.

"My clothes look a lot better, tesoro" he drawled getting up from his seat.

I maintain my composure as I watched him take long strides towards me, my knees trembling a bit at the look his green irises held.

"If clothes are the problem" he started, gazing down at me like I was his next prey. I shrunk back at his deep baritone "then that could be arranged" he purred into my ear and I felt my knees turn into jelly as a shiver ran up my spine.

My brain went blank once I felt his hot breath at the nape of my neck. Goosebumps spread all over my skin, not only from the heat he was emitting but also from our close proximity.

Everything I had revised in my head to say, my confidence, my anger all dissipated and flew right out the window.

When I felt his soft lips latch into my neck I jerked back, my once closed eyes flying open as I shoved him away.
I stared at him wide eyed as he adjusted to his full length, a plain expression masking his features.

My breathing was erratic as I just realised I had been restricting my flow of oxygen up until this moment.

"Boss, we've got them all together. The meeting will happen in the next few days.."

I twirled around as the double doors came flying open and Ray came speed-walking through them

Damon and I remained quiet, just staring at each other while Ray hadn't even taken notice of me yet.

"Why is there an emergency meeting?" I glance away from Damon to Ray, who looked at me wide eyed, probably just noticing my presence

"I... uh" he drawled fiddling with his sleeve
"I thought you were going to tell her!" He whisper yelled to Damon, as he turned away from me

"I'm still here you know" I matched his tone, getting him to turn back to me. "What's going on here?"

I glanced between the two men, noticing an odd energy and awkward atmosphere hovering around us.

"Ray?" I glanced towards his direction but he refused to meet my gaze.

"Hmm
Come on"

Damon gestured for me to follow and for some reason my body compiled before I could think about it.