40 Uh-oh...

~ Around two years later ~

Roman POV

I sighed deeply as relief spread through me. The sight of my home made me so happy. I always realized how much I truly missed it and them when I was away for a few days. It felt so good to come home. Especially after such a busy week.

All I wanted was to take Dani in my arms and spend a quality time with her and our boys. That somehow always came short although there was nothing more important to me than my family. And I knew that Dani felt the same way. No matter how stressed we were with work and the kids. The family always came first.

We always managed to find time for ourselves as a couple. And today was going to be another one of those evenings. I had organized babysitters for us and couldn't wait to whisk my beautiful wife away for a romantic evening just for the two of us. She so deserved it, because whenever I wasn't home, she was taking care of Henry and Carson by herself. And that was definitely anything but easy lately. Because since they both turned 2, they turned up their energy and defiance levels even more. They were a handful, but Dani almost always stayed calm. For that I admired her very much, because that was sometimes far from easily done.

Just as I had these thoughts, I heard the unmistakable squeak of the boys and quickly followed by the voice of their mother. It sounded like they had done something again.

"Henry Rome Reigns, bleib sofort stehen! Gib das deiner Mama zurück!"  I heard Dani call out. (Henry Rome Reigns, stop right there! Give that back to your Mama!)

Uh-oh... Henry seemed to be in real trouble, because I couldn't remember ever hearing my wife use his full name. She was in complete mom mode and that couldn't mean anything good.

I opened the door and immediately Carson called my name and clung to my leg. I lifted the two-year-old up. Carson put his head on my shoulder. I gave him a kiss on the forehead and tried to hear where the rest of the family was.

"Hey buddy. How's my little man?" I asked my son.

"Dada, Henry trouble!" he said pointing in the direction of the living room.

"Oh, I think you're right. Let's see what's going on." I replied and carried him into the living room.

However, we did not get far. Henry already came running and had something in his hand. Dani followed on his heels. She was quite out of breath. Before Henry could escape again, I bent down and lifted him in my other arm. He wriggled for me to put him back down, but he had no luck.

"Roman. Hi, love! I didn't hear you at all! I was too busy with the little munchkin!" said Dani as she first hugged us and then gave me a kiss in greeting. Following that, she tickled Henry's side.

"Give it to Mama, Henry!" she then demanded.

"What did he take?" I wanted to know as she pried it from his hands.

"Oh... um... well..." she stammered, fidgeting with whatever she had in her hands.

I looked down and immediately recognized what it was. I quickly set the boys on their feet.

"Oh my god" I yelped as I put my hands on her hips.

"I didn't get a chance to look. Henry beat me to it." replied Dani.

"Well what are you waiting for?" I asked looking at her expectantly.

"Why don't you look?" she said softly, handing me the test.

I looked at her, then looked at the test in my hands, then back at my wife. My fingers trembled slightly when I finally turned it over and saw the result.

"We're having another baby!" I shouted, lifting Dani off her feet and twirling her around.

"I'm so happy." she whispered in my ear and I knew that tears of joy were already running down her cheeks.

"And so am I! I'm finally getting my copy of you!" I said into her ear.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that." she replied.

"Now we have all the more reason to go celebrate tonight! I asked Summer and Vanessa to come because I wanted to have another undisturbed date night with you. But this makes it a thousand times better. You have no idea how much I love you," I said as I covered her face with lots of kisses.

"If you love me half as much as I love you and Carson and Henry, that's a hell of a lot! I love you, Roman. And our boys and the little one under my heart." She replied, giggling.

"I love you at least 10 times as much! At least!" I said before I had enough of words and kissed my wife passionately.

But at some point we both realized that it was very quiet. Much too quiet for a house with two-year-old twins.