19 First day

"Thank you all again for this opportunity. I hope for a good teamwork." I said when we had reached the end of our meeting.

All this time my nerves had been fluttering like crazy, but as soon as we talked about the topic of advertising shows and merchandise as well as new sponsors I was immediately back in my element.

"I am quite sure that we will achieve good results. I am already very enthusiastic about your ideas and inputs. You will bring a breath of fresh air here. Roman didn't promise us too much and your previous work also speaks for itself. From what Roman told me about your previous employers, I asked around. And I can tell you, Miss Müller, I don't know how the people at Kennedy Group could be so stupid as to discredit you.

Especially after you made them so much money. Your reputation was impeccable. Unlike Mr. Fuller's. Mr. Fraser must not have bothered much to check the evidence, or he would have realized very quickly that it was a charade by your superior. But so be it.... I know how to do a background check and I have no doubt that you are a gem.... Mrs. Reigns." said my new boss Stephanie McMahon.

"Thank you. I am glad that people here believe in me and give me a chance. I'm not going to let you down. Part of me just wishes I could get back at the Kennedy Group board. Wait.... you know?" I replied as we walked side by side down the hallways behind the scenes of the show.

"Yes, but don't worry. Your secret is safe with me. And never say never. Maybe that opportunity will come up." she said with a wink.

And with that she left me, speechless, in the hallway as she went back to her work. A huge weight fell from my heart. She knew everything and yet she gave me a chance to prove myself. And what was even better was that I could spend a lot of time with Roman. Even though we didn't see each other all day long, of course. It was still nice to be able to travel with him. 

I was so lost in thought that I did not even hear how someone approached me from behind. Slowly, long, strong arms wrapped around my waist. Without having to turn around, I knew immediately that it could only be Roman. The tingling in my stomach let me know whenever he was near me. And at that moment, the butterflies were as big as airplanes. 

Roman gently pulled me to him and gently kissed my neck after I tilted my head to the side. A soft sigh escaped my lips as I leaned against him. I enjoyed his closeness so much. But then I had the desire to look into his beautiful, warm eyes. Therefore, I slowly turned in his arms and lifted my arms to be able to wrap them around his neck.

"How was your first day, baby girl?" he asked softly and low. 

The depth of his voice sent pleasant goosebumps down my spine as I gave my husband a happy smile.

"It was better than I thought it would be. But only now is it perfect." I replied as I stretched to give him a kiss.

"I'm glad to hear that. By the way... I love the corporate look.... So sexy... and those heels." he said as his hands slowly moved down my sides, as did his eyes.

"Your behavior is not very workplace appropriate, Mr. Reigns." I whispered to tease him a little.

Since no one was around, it could have gone on further if I had my way. But luckily there was always later. 

"Like I care... Maybe you could leave the outfit on tonight so I can-" he began.

"Come on Roman, move it!" we heard a husky voice call out. According to my memory, it could only be Dean.

"Couldn't you wait five more minutes?" complained Roman.

"Suck it up. You guys have all night to do the nasty." he replied with a chuckle.

"Unbelievable that guy. Let him wait and see. Next time I'll cock block him." Ro grumbled before he gave me another kiss and a slap on the butt before he followed Dean.