28 What was he up to?

It took a while, but finally I felt completely comfortable and safe again. I had my great husband and his family to thank for that. They were all immediately on the spot when I was struggling. Or when I simply missed my own family. Once when it was particularly bad, Roman just scooped me up and flew with me to visit my parents in Germany. This week helped me massively. Even though it was sad to leave again, as always.

And also at work everything went excellent. I enjoyed the time I could spend with Roman and of course the time I had with colleagues and friends. It was hard for me to think back to what my life was like before I came to WWE. Or just what happened a few months ago. It was hard, but I tried to think positively. Losing a baby was always hard, but I tried not to let it overwhelm me.

The only thing that was a bit annoying was that Dean kept bugging Roman and me to find out if we were actually married. Roman apparently told him that he only called me his wife to get information from the police. It was the same thing we had told his family. But slowly the story crumbled.

Therefore, Dean made it his business to pick at us at every opportunity. He was probably waiting for one of us to lose patience with him and slip, but that hadn't happened so far. Still, he didn't let that discourage him, no matter how many times Roman called him crazy.

Actually, it was mean to lie to him, but we didn't want anyone to find out before we told our families. And to be perfectly honest... It was nice to have a secret for ourselves. 

When I was done with my work, I packed up my laptop and went in search of my God of a husband. It didn't take long to find him. Roman was just warming up. This was a sight I would never get tired of. I loved how much bigger his muscles were when they were warmed up. As he bent over to grab his water bottle, I took the opportunity to give him a slap on the butt.

"What the- Oh hey baby girl! You can't scare me like that!" he gasped in surprise.

"Mmmh... I can and I have. I just wanted to tell you that I'm on my way to the hotel. I'll see you later, love." I replied as I reached out to him.

"Okay. Drive carefully. Oh by the way... I have a surprise for you later." he said before giving me a peck on the lips.

"What kind of surprise?" I of course immediately wanted to know.

"That's why it's called a surprise, Dani. You'll have to be patient." he chuckled as he kissed me passionately. Probably to distract me. And I had to admit that it worked every single time.

----------------

A few hours later I sat on the bed in our room and waited for Roman to arrive. To shorten the time I worked a bit. Until it knocked at the door. That was weird... Roman had a key card and I wasn't expecting anyone else. Nor had I ordered room service.

I quickly got up and went to the door to see who it was. When I opened it, an employee of the hotel was revealed.

"Good evening Ma'am, Mr. Reigns asked me to bring you this," he said politely and then handed me a large white box.

I thanked him and went back to the room with the box. Gently I placed it on the bed before curiously lifting the lid. On the white tissue paper laid a message in Roman's handwriting.

Hey baby girl. Your surprise is waiting for you. 

Please change into this. A driver is waiting for you downstairs and will bring you to me. Don't make me wait too long. 

I love you. R

With a smile I pushed the tissue paper aside and saw a beautiful deep purple dress with spaghetti straps. Carefully I lifted it out and underneath matching colored heels were waiting. What was he up to? I would soon find out. As quickly as I could, I changed and made my way downstairs. As promised, I was already expected.