37 Not much longer

"Can I at least get a hint?" I asked as my husband helped me carefully get into the car.

"No, you have to be a patient, Dani. I promise you'll like it." he replied while desperately trying to stifle a laugh.

"A teeny tiny hint? Please? Please, please?" I pleaded.

"Not a chance. I don't want to spoil the surprise. We only need 10 minutes. I'm sure you'll last that long." he said with a laugh when he couldn't hold it in any longer.

"Very unlikely. You know how curious I am." I said as I put my hand on his thigh to maybe convince him that way.

"I know and I know what you're trying to do. And normally it would work, but I have to stay strong." Roman replied after taking a deep breath and putting his hand on mine to stop it from sliding further up his thigh.

"That won't work." he then said, probably more to convince himself.

And it really didn't. So I spent the rest of the ride sulking. But luckily the ride really didn't take long. Roman parked the car and got out to help me out of it again. Strangely enough, we were at a hotel. I frowned as I watched Ro give the valet the keys to the car. Then he put a hand on my back and led me inside.

"Okay, baby girl. Here's your surprise." he said as we stopped in front of a large double door.

He opened the doors and revealed to me what was behind them. The room was decorated all over with balloons and streamers. Wherever the eye looked there were flowers. Everything was baby blue, white and silver.

"Surprise!" suddenly shouted many people who came into view.

"Oh du meine Güte!" I whispered as I slapped my hands over my face. (Oh my goodness!)

"Your surprise is a baby shower, baby girl. I figured it's the best way to distract you a little." said Roman as he put his arm around me and placed a kiss on my temple.

"You are without a doubt the greatest person on this planet, Ro!" I sobbed.

"Well... I'll certainly try my best." he laughed.

Shortly after, we were greeted by our guests. Pat hugged us tightly and of course Summer was one of the first to join us. 

I had no idea how he had managed to get all my friends and so many of his family members in this place at the same time, but I was so grateful that he had.

"DJ, I know how much you would like to have your parents here. But unfortunately, that won't always be possible. But I have already discussed everything with your brother and at least your mom will come to visit us after the babies are born," Roman said after a while.

"I love you, you know?" I replied as I reached out to him.

"Oh I think I do. And you know what? I love you even more. But now.... come and sit down so we can spoil you. There's cake and lots of presents to unwrap." he said after letting me kiss him.

I had no idea how I had deserved him and this family. But it was certainly a blessing.

--------------------------

"And how are our two boys?" asked Summer me after we played some silly games and unwrapped presents.

"They're both doing great. Very active. I can't wait to meet them. I'm so curious what they look like, you know? And also, I can't wait to have my body back. Don't get me wrong, it's great to be pregnant. But two at once is pretty exhausting and demanding," I replied as I took her hand and put it on the part of my bump where I was feeling the most. It was getting pretty crowded in there.

"Sweetheart, now that I can look at you.... I don't think it's going to be much longer." Pat said as she sat down next to me and put her hand on my stomach as well.

"Really? I hope you're right. I want to be able to hold my tummy potatoes. And I know Roman feels the same way," I replied as I looked up at him and smiled.

"You bet I do. But I'm really trying to be patient, even though it's hard as hell." Roman laughed.

"I wonder if you'll still be so enthusiastic when the boys keep you up all night," I replied.

He was about to say something back, but then I saw him bite his tongue. But then I saw it... that cocky, naughty smirk on his face and I knew exactly what he almost said. And probably it was better not to say something like that in front of his mother.

It was so nice to see everything, but at some point I got pretty tired despite the fact that I was actually just sitting around. Therefore, Roman decided that it was time to bring  us home. 

"Love, you are the greatest husband in the world and the boys get the greatest daddy in the world. I can't tell you how grateful I am for everything," I said to Roman after all the presents were stowed in the car and we were just about to head home.

"Baby girl.... I love my family and will always do everything in my power to make you happy. Having you and now this two tummy potatoes.... is huge for me. And I know they are not making it easy for you right now. But I promise you that once they are born, I will help you as much as I can," he replied, sounding very emotional.

"Ummmm.... I guess... you don't have to wait that long anymore.... my water just broke, I guess..." I said as I looked down at myself after feeling my legs getting wet.