Career Choice

A month-long vacation in Paris with the love of his life helped Taehyung a lot not only with healing but also with aligning his priorities. He was happy with the result of his first drama especially when he saw that the audience was able to feel a connection towards his character but that same happiness got dampened by the obsessive following he got afterwards. He enjoys acting because it makes him test his capabilities but at one point he started hating it because others are disregarding the boundaries between his acting career and personal life. He's a complexity himself because he wanted to continue acting but he doesn't want to be famous because of it. Perhaps all he just wanted is to enjoy the process of making an acting project.

So now it's 8 in the morning and Jungkook just left their apartment to go to work and Taehyung is currently waiting for his video conference with Namjoon while enjoying the view of the Eiffel tower from their living room.  They'll be meeting to finalize the career path that he wanted to follow moving forward.

"Good afternoon Namjoon hyung

"Good afternoon Namjoon hyung. I hope I'm not taking too much of your time," Taehyung greeted, knowing that Seoul is 7 hours ahead of Paris and that the older one has been in the office for a long period of time. "Good morning to you Tae and you know that I'll always make time for you. Have you made a decision yet?" Namjoon asked directly. "I'll take the position you offered in the creative and content management team, hyungie. I did enjoy working with them when I was just interning and I'm excited to work with the upcoming boy group that our label will be launching. And if the right script comes along then perhaps I can audition but I would prefer to limit it to one or 2 movies every 2 years or so," Taehyung explained calmly.

"But what about your fans? Have you looked over the feedback that we collated for you? It includes both positive and negative feedback about our statement regarding your temporary hiatus and we gathered those from all social media sites and fansite forums," Namjoon countered. "I did read through it but I already made up my mind. I do appreciate the kind words that I have read so far and I don't care about the criticism since they are not constructive anyway. I think I could do a mini vlog while I'm here in Paris to explain a bit of my decision to my fans then perhaps we could upload it in the label's youtube channel? Or perhaps I could make a reel on IG since the label's youtube account is for music videos and such related content. What do you think, hyungie?" Taehyung asked tentatively.

"IG reel is too short for a video explanation so I think YouTube would be better. And there is nothing wrong with uploading it on our YouTube channel since we can make it like a mini interview with you. Why don't we make it your first project as a member of our content management team? I'll set a meeting for you with the rest of your teammates and you discuss it with them or I can call the creative director real quick and see if he can join us right now," Namjoon stated while starting to dial on his phone.

Taehyung waited while Namjoon talked with the creative director and it seems that the person on the other line is willing to join their conference. "I'm sending him the invite for our conference meeting right now and let's just give him a few minutes to join in," Namjoon stated after hanging up the call with the creative director. "Would it be wise, hyungie if we still don't disclose our connection to the other employees?" Taehyung asked apprehensively.

"I think it's better to let them know this time since it could also serve as a warning that if they'll cross the line again then they'll know who else they would be offending. And they know that they can't afford to offend me," Namjoon stated in his deep authoritative voice. Before Taehyung could come up with a response to what Namjoon said, the creative director was able to join with their conference and Namjoon being the Head of the company made the introductions, "Park Ji-hunssi, I'd like you to meet Kim Taehyung. Taehyungah, this is Park Ji-hun, our creative director. I believe you haven't met him yet since the person who was incharge during your internship under his department is just one of the team leaders."

"Good afternoon ShilJangnim. Please take care of me," Taehyung politely greeted. "Good afternoon as well, Taehyungssi. It's rare for me to get called personally by Hwejangnim himself so is there anything that I can do for the both of you?" the creative director asked carefully. "Before I could explain the whole situation behind this meeting, let me just say that Taehyung here is a member of my family and the manager who was incharge of him leaked his private information which I don't want to happen again. That's why I called you personally Ji-hunssi. I'm trusting that Taehyung would be safe under your wing," Namjoon calmly gave his warning.

"You can trust me with that, Hwejangnim," Ji-hun responded with conviction. So the next hour was used to discuss all the events that lead to Taehyung's decision of changing his career choice and a plan was made on how to go about with the transition of his job description. As the meeting progressed, Taehyung became more confident with his decision knowing that he is part of a team that he had previously worked with and even if creating content is a challenge, it is still something that he can look forward to.

"Thank you for doing all of this hyungie," Taehyung stated after their meeting ended with the creative director. He started to get emotional just thinking of all the support he had gotten from the elder. "I feel thankful but at the same time remorseful towards you hyungie because I feel like I'm taking advantage of your generosity."

"What are you saying, Taehyungah? You are not taking advantage of anything. You are my family so there is no such thing as you taking advantage of me," Namjoon responded as a way of comforting the younger. "Thank you for taking care of me hyungie and thank you for considering me as part of your family. And speaking of family I wanted to show you something," Taehyung went out of the camera frame for a bit to grab the item that he wanted to show to the elder. "With what I'm seeing right now perhaps it would be best if Jinnie and I take the earliest flight to Paris that we can manage. When are you planning to ask him?" 

"I'm doing it tonight, hyungie." Taehyung responded with a voice full of nerves. "No need to get nervous since we all know what would be his answer. I'll let you go then to start with your preparations," Namjoon said with a soft smile and Taehyung could only nod while sporting a nervous smile.