Dilemma

"Jungkookie, just help hyung this one time. Please," Seokjin has been saying the same thing right from the start of them having breakfast.

"But hyungie, I'm shy and I don't think I'm the best candidate for this job that you are requesting." Jungkook says while pouting with his mouth full of delicious food.

"How can you not be the best candidate when you are the best student in your art class? Even your art teacher has been asking you multiple times to make an exhibit out of your art works." Seokjin will not back down because he prepared well for this argument that he knew will come.

"Hyungie, I do want to paint. I love doing it and I see myself doing it for life but I don't want to get any attention with it. If you want me to paint a portrait of one of your students then you can just give me a picture of this person. I don't see why I need to be with him while doing it." Jungkook is still adamant. He is not comfortable being alone with a stranger in a room even if his Seokjin hyung keeps explaining that it is just like how painters sometimes ask someone to model for them.

"Jungkookie, Seokjin hyung knows that you are not comfortable being left alone with a stranger. But why don't you listen to Seokjin hyung's explanation first before just outright turning it down?" Namjoon can no longer help himself from butting in.

"Remember the bedtime story that your Joonie hyung would tell you when you were having difficulty sleeping? The one that tells the story about a struggling painter and her desire of painting the man she fell in love with. This is the same story that we will show in the play. Your Joonie hyung helped me by being the playwright and it would really mean a lot to me if you would do the painting for this play. The painting would really be a crucial piece in this play and I can't just trust it to anybody else. Please, Kookie?" Seokjin doesn't care if he sounds desperate as long as he'll get his baby brother's agreement.

"But hyungie, you said that the painting was done by a painter who is in love with her subject. So how can you expect me to do the same thing?"

Jungkook really understands why this play is important to his hyungs and he knows that he is not being hundred percent honest with them. He knows who will be the subject of the painting and it won't be hard for him to translate his love through the painting but what stops him is the fear of being caught in the moment. He doesn't fear the attention he'll get if everyone will know that he is in love with the model on his painting. He fears the possible negative reaction of the model himself if ever he'll realize that his painter is in love with him.

"Just try and think about it more. You don't have to do the painting right away. If you want you can even spend some time with Taehyung so that it would be easier for you to paint him. I promise if you will do this for hyungie, I'll give you a very nice gift after. I just want this play to be successful not only because Namjoonie helped me with it but also because this would be the final project of my class and I intend to invite some mentors from film schools that may help some of my students who are really aiming to enter in these film and art universities."

Namjoon stood up to break the awkward silence and proceeded to his husband's side to give him a hug. He knows how his husband cares for his students but he also understands why his baby brother is being hesitant. There are times that he questions himself if he sheltered his brother too much that he is now scared of putting himself out there.

"I have to get going first. I'll see you both later." Namjoon said while kissing his husband's forehead then his baby brother's cheeks. "I love you both." Then he left the two at the dining table knowing for a fact that they will get in an agreement somehow.

_______________________________
Tuesday would always be a tiring day at work. I hope everyone is having a great day. Thank you for reading and voting the previous chapters. Please do leave comments as well. Borahae💜

PS: Jk was so cute during his vlive.